Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
6 Proven Tips for Better PPC Reports
By Ashwin Balakrishnan | Mar 30, 2021
A good PPC report isn’t simple to make. It requires time, effort and is relatively ineffective when done poorly. A PPC report is an essential component to building better client relationships and expanding the agency’s model. The report needs to inform as well as excite your clients to keep them on board with you. Here are six proven tips for a best-in-class PPC report:
- Go beyond the numbers and provide the right context
- Pick metrics that matter to the business
- Segment by intent
- Look for truly helpful reporting tools
- Visuals are important
- Add your own insights
Why You Need a Facebook Ads Audit (+ How To Do It in 6 Steps)
By Ana Gotter | Apr 1, 2021
Auditing your Facebook Ad campaigns is crucial to assessing their overall efficiency. Ana Gotter reviews what’s typically included in a Facebook Ads audit, how to perform one, and shares a free Facebook Ads audit template to make the process easier. The six essential steps covered in this article include:
- Gain High-Level Access to the Account in Question
- Review & Download the Metrics
- Start an Audit Report File
- Assess the Value of Different Campaigns & Audiences
- Review All the Ad Tools You’re Using
- Compile the Information into a Report
Google Is Retiring tCPA & tROAS: What You Need to Know
By Susie Marino | Apr 1, 2021
Google will be moving away from Target CPA and Target ROAS as an option when picking your bidding strategy in your campaign-level settings. It will be a gradual change, but while your campaigns currently using tCPA or tROAS are safe and no changes are needed on your end, it’s never too early to prepare. Susie Marino reviews tCPA and tROAS and how they’re changing, equips you with the tips to adjust and use this change as an opportunity, and shares what the PPC community has to say about these changes.
How to Optimize Your Instagram Ads Creative
By Susan Wenograd | Apr 5, 2021
Instagram’s ad units don’t mirror Facebook’s exactly, so making the right changes can help your bottom line immensely. Thinking of Instagram as its own entity for ads is worth your time and effort. Susan Wenograd takes a look at the important differences between Facebook and Instagram ad placements and what steps to take to integrate Instagram ads into your ad strategy:
- Understand Instagram Ad Placements
- Segment Ad Performance Metrics by Instagram and Facebook
- Optimize Facebook Ad Creative for Instagram Feed Ads
- Optimize Facebook Ad Creative for Instagram Story Ads
- Should You Run Ad Sets Only to Instagram?
Complete Guide To Writing Posts That Convert Into Clients
By Frank Hamilton | Apr 5, 2021
Many freelancers and business owners prioritize creating high-quality content that converts. Frank Hamilton shares his complete guide for writing posts that will convert to clients, including:
- Focus on Customer Pain Points
- Provide Social Proof for Impact
- Use Statistics to Support Claims
- Create Urgency and Scarcity
- Minimize Distractions
- Format Posts for Skimmers
Video experiments boost creative performance on YouTube
By Ali Miller | Apr 6, 2021
Experimentation is a critical part of any successful marketing strategy. Using proven results to tell what works and what doesn’t keeps marketers tuned in to business results while navigating rapidly changing markets. Here are three easy experiments that can help your creative performance on YouTube:
- Supersize text. Does making text elements (including logos) bigger drive more brand awareness?
- Tighten framing. Does zooming in on important subjects, whether they’re people or products, drive higher consideration?
- Make it easy to buy. Does placing the call to action at the beginning of the video drive more conversions than placing it at the end?
Microsoft Ads Rolls Out a Slew of New Features
By Amy Bishop | Apr 6, 2021
Microsoft Ads has announced several new features this month. I highlight updates to the following:
- API Support for Google Import
- Coming Soon: Customer Match
- Countdown customizers now available for Responsive Search Ads (RSA)
- Responsive Search Ads are the Default Type for New Ad Copy
- Test Your Dynamic Remarketing Tags with UET Tag Helper
- Coming Soon: Flyer Extensions
- New In-market Audiences Rolling Out
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.