Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
7 Budget-Wasting Facebook Ad Mistakes (+ How to Avoid Them)
By Michelle Morgan | May 5, 2021
With Facebook Ads’ best practices changing frequently, and new tools available, it is easier than ever for you to make an error that can negatively affect your ad campaigns. Michelle Morgan reviews these seven common Facebook Ad mistakes, how to avoid them, and provides resources for their solutions:
- Letting your ad creative get stale.
- Optimizing for the wrong objective.
- Failing to understand budget controls.
- Over segmenting audiences.
- Not checking audience overlaps.
- Controlling placements rather than customizing.
- Failing to nurture top of funnel audiences to bottom of funnel.
7 Content Types That Gain the Most Engagement & Links
By Julia McCoy | May 6, 2021
If you’re struggling to come up with content that will draw in an audience and keep them hooked, Julia McCoy has put together a list of content types that drive engagement, plus eight pro-tips to make any content you create more successful. Seven content types that drive engagement and links to jumpstart your brainstorming include:
- Authority Content
- Standout Opinion Pieces
- How-To Content
- Original Research Pieces
- Trending Content
How to Avoid Keyword Cannibalization in Your Next Marketing Campaign
By Diana Ford | May 7, 2021
Keyword cannibalization occurs when two or more of your assets compete for the same keyword. It can happen in both SEO and PPC areas, diminishing your results and profits. There are three types of paid traffic keyword cannibalization: keyword overlap, geo overlap, and PPC vs. SEO overlap. Regularly check for it with the tools and techniques Diana Ford provides in this article to avoid them and increase the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns.
Consumer behavior shifts for a post-pandemic United States
By Matt Mack | May 10, 2021
Microsoft Advertising Insights explored the top trending post-pandemic consumer behavior searches as we’re heading into spring and summer. With rising levels of hope and economic growth as vaccination numbers increase and reopening measures begin, top trends include:
- Wedding related activities (‘wedding guestbooks,’ ‘wedding invitations,’ and ‘wedding supply and equipment rentals’)
- Outdoor activities (‘flower garden and home shows,’ ‘BBQs and grills,’ and ‘golf clubs’)
- Business casual dress (‘dress shirts,’ ’employment offer letters’)
- Roadtrips (‘vans and minivans,’ ‘campsites and campgrounds’)
- The return of brick-and-mortars
12 Facebook Ad Targeting Tips to Increase Your ROAS
By Mark Quadros | May 11, 2021
A better Facebook Ads targeting strategy results in better conversions, which in turn leads to better ROAS. Mark Quadros shares these 12 actionable tips that will help you accurately determine your ideal target audience and increase your return on ad spend with the help of hyper-targeted ads:
- Use Facebook Audience Insights wisely
- Leverage Facebook Custom Audience strategies
- Create a lookalike audience to expand your reach
- Leverage Facebook saved audiences
- Check Facebook relevance metrics
- Tap into recent purchasing behaviors
- Find your unicorn content
- Try combining two unique audiences together
- Retarget visitors with the Facebook pixel
- Get innovative with life events targeting
- Focus on a good cause
- Try ad targeting for different devices
How to Save Money With Facebook A/B Testing—No Matter Your Budget
By Akvile DeFazio | May 11, 2021
Through A/B testing, you can determine what the data says is the perfect Facebook Ad for your audience. In this article, Akvile DeFazio focuses on how to run practical A/B tests cost-effectively in the following areas:
- Why Facebook A/B testing is important
- How to carry out Facebook A/B testing the right way
- Types of Facebook A/B tests you can run
- Ways to save time and money with Facebook A/B testing
- Budgeting tips for Facebook A/B testing
15 Essential Communication Skills For Digital Marketers
By Adam Proehl | May 12, 2021
Here are 15 communication skills you need to succeed as a digital marketer:
- The Ability to Listen
- The Ability to Quickly Pivot From the Script When Needed
- The Art of Brevity
- The Ability to Distill the Complex Down to Simple Terms
- Proper Grammar
- Humility in Your Voice
- An Ability to Use a Relatable Analogy
- Speaking From Abbreviated Notes or Prompts
- Rationally Defend, But Do Not Be Defensive
- Understanding and Communicating the “Why”
- Adjusting “What” and “How” You Communicate Based on “Who” You’re Interacting With
- Clarity, Clarity, Clarity
- An Ability to Guide Others to Find the Answers
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.