Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
How to Set Up Ad Scheduling RIGHT (+ the Finer Details You Need to Know)
By Susie Marino | May 13, 2021
Your PPC campaign will succeed if you spend your budget wisely. One way to save money is to correctly use ad scheduling (formerly known as dayparting), but there are fine details you need to know to prevent costly mistakes. Susie Marino covers:
- What ad scheduling is and how it saves you money
- How to set up ad scheduling in Google, Microsoft, and Facebook
- The perks, drawbacks, and important details you need to know for best results
Google Analytics Will Track Data Without Cookies
By Matt Southern | May 13, 2021
Google announces several updates that will help provide site owners and advertisers with relevant data when cookies aren’t available by relying on consented first-party data and machine learning. “These new solutions are designed to help marketers succeed in a world with fewer third-party cookies and identifiers by introducing ways to measure conversions and unlock helpful insights while respecting user consent,” writes Matt Southern. With these updates for site owners and advertisers, Google will:
- Extend its advanced machine learning models to behavioral reporting in Google Analytics
- Allow seamless access to Consent Mode, which adjusts how Google tags operate based on user cookie consent choices
- Implement enhanced conversions that allow tags to use consented, first-party data to track how users convert after engaging with ads
Amazon PPC Management: How To Get The Best On Budget
By Nancy Howard | May 14, 2021
PPC advertising on Amazon is similar to that on Google, as sellers run ads where shoppers are ready to purchase. Nancy Howard covers how to estimate your PPC budget and create your Amazon PPC strategy by launching your PPC campaigns and shares some Amazon PPC Management tips.
Persuasive Ads on Instagram: Writing to Sell
By Laura Davis | May 17, 2021
Even though Instagram is a visually-oriented platform, there is much more to it than perfect images or videos. Convincing your audience to take action with your ad copy is just as crucial. Laura Davis shares how to create ads specifically designed to sell products and services on Instagram using persuasive ad copy by:
- Maintain Your Brand Voice
- Write Instagram Ad Copy That Speaks to One Person
- Use the First 2 Lines of Your Ad Copy to Induce People to Tap ‘…More’
- Help People Self-Qualify
- Give People a Reason to Take Action Now
- Proactively Address People’s Objections
- Clearly Tell Customers What to Do Next
Hello Vaccines! Managing Paid Search during the Next Phase of COVID Recovery
By Gaia Read, Keaton Powell, Chris Clevenger | May 17, 2021
Many marketers are preparing for the next phase of pandemic recovery as vaccines are rolling out. As consumers become more comfortable in stores and public spaces, some paid search practices are worth revisiting or exploring for the first time:
- Continue to Lean into Auction Time Bidding
- Understand What’s Happening from an Omnichannel Lense at the State Level
- Back to Basics with Offline & Omnichannel Support
How Audience Experience Could Be Affecting Your Ecommerce Conversion Rate
By Tara Johnson | May 18, 2021
Too many retailers treat their e-commerce websites as a set-and-forget channel, only to be updated when there’s a new product. Your website is more than an online store; it’s an online reflection of who you are and how you treat your customers, and how they experience your brand. Audience experience has a direct impact on e-commerce conversion rates. Tara Johnson reviews four ways to improve your e-commerce conversion rate in 2021, including:
- Alignment of design and usability
- Credibility and trust
- Overall site messaging
- Perceived value
Google Grows Shopify Partnership, Adds Ways to Shop From Images
By Matt Southern | May 18, 2021
Google expands its partnership with Shopify and introduces a simplified process for all merchants to get their products listed with a few clicks. In addition, Google is enhancing the e-commerce experience with more ways to shop, including finding products depicted in screenshots. At Google I/O, the company shared details about a new technology called the Shopping Graph; it connects users with over 24 billion listings and helps them find products available to buy right now.
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.