Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
New Smart Bidding features in Google Ads: Top signals for Target ROAS and max conversions, manager account level seasonality adjustments and more
By Carolyn Lyden | May 19, 2021
“Google is launching new features for Smart Bidding to help make automation more intuitive to search marketers’ needs and better cater to changes in each advertiser’s individual market,” writes Carolyn Lyden. The new features include:
- Top signals changes for search campaigns using Target ROAS and Maximize conversion value.
- Seasonality adjustments can now be made at the manager account level.
- Recommendations for max conversions.
- Target Impression Share simulators now available.
5 Ways to Improve Your Facebook Ad Conversion Rates
By Ana Gotter | May 20, 2021
Conversion rate is a key metric for your Facebook ad campaigns. it helps you assess how relevant your ad is to your target audience, how effective your ad’s creatives and CTA are in driving specific actions, and how profitable your ads are. If you want to improve conversions from your Facebook ads, Ana Gotter recommends you implement, or test, the five following tactics:
- Focus on relevance
- Use Dynamic Ads
- Don’t cheap out
- Create copy that highlights value
- Have extremely clear CTAs
Google Announces New Features for App Advertisers
By Amy Bishop | May 20, 2021
To help app advertisers reach more prospective users, Google has created new ways to help advertisers reach more prospects and optimize their app campaigns. Here are the highlights:
- New: Deliver App Ads on Desktop
- Create Custom In-App Events in Google Analytics
- Making Deep Linking Easier
- Deep Linked Data-Driven Attribution
10 Top Data Analysis Mistakes Digital Marketers Make
By Tim Jensen | May 20, 2021
Even experienced marketers make a few common mistakes when looking at data and making decisions. Tim Jensen shares 10 of the most common data analysis mistakes and how to avoid them, including:
- Not looking at a statistically significant timeframe.
- Not factoring in seasonality.
- Ignoring the impact of offline activity.
- Not accounting for multi-channel engagement.
- Reporting on numbers without conclusions.
- Focusing on the wrong KPIs.
- Making decisions based on faulty data.
- Not incorporating backend data.
- Visualizing data poorly.
- Assuming that you can measure everything.
4 Incredibly Useful YouTube Studio Reports You Won’t Find in Google Ads
By Joe Martinez | May 20, 2021
YouTube Studio’s analytics can provide more data reports on how organic and paid viewers interact with your YouTube videos that you don’t get within Google Ads. Joe Martinez covers four YouTube Studio reports and how to use them to get the most from them, including:
- Device type
- External sources
- Key moments
- Suggested videos
6 Tips for Decreasing Costs in LinkedIn Ads
By Andrea Taylor | May 24, 2021
“LinkedIn is the Wild West of expensive B2B leads, but there is also a good reason for that: the lead quality is great!” Andrea Taylor explains why most of your B2B clients are constantly looking for ways to keep ad costs down on LinkedIn – while the lead quality is high, so are the costs. She offers these six tips for keeping costs down:
- Lead Gen Forms
- Go Beyond Job Title Targeting
- Test Text Ads
- Test Optimization Goals & Bids
- Test Larger Campaign Sizes
- Test New Ad Creative
8 Google Ads Conversion Tracking Hang-Ups and How to Fix Them
By Susie Marino | May 24, 2021
Susie Marino explains why every business needs conversion tracking, goes over conversion tracking setup and metrics, and then runs through the eight most common hang-ups she sees with Google Ads conversion tracking and how to fix them. They include:
- Not knowing what to track
- No conversion data or low conversion rates
- Conversion data seems off
- Need to remove/add a conversion
- Conversion action unclear
- “No recent conversions” or “tag inactive” notification
- New landing page, old conversion tracking setup
- Conversions that just fell off
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.