Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
Google FloC Explained: A Guide for Marketers
By Amy Bishop | Jun 3, 2021
As FLoC testing is officially underway, we’ve compiled everything that we know about FLoC: what it is, how it’s different, and what advertisers can do to prepare. With FLoC, instead of individual cookies being aggregated at the individual level and passed from sites to platforms, browsing data would live within each individual browser. FLoC would then assign individual browsers to larger groups (or cohorts) of thousands of users based upon that browsing data. This guide is a one-stop-shop for everything that you need to know about FLoC, including:
- How Is This Different Than the Previous Process?
- Why Is FLoC Getting a Bad Rap?
- Cohort Eligibility – Who Can Be Tracked?
- Public Release of FloC
- How Can Advertisers Prepare?
- First-Party Data Usage
- Conversion Tracking In a Third-Party-Cookieless World
- Get Involved in the Conversation
5 Steps to Keep Your Facebook Ads Working in iOS 14
By Brett McHale | Jun 3, 2021
Brett McHale examines the impact of iOS 14 on Facebook conversion campaigns. He walks you through how to adjust to changes such as Facebook domain verification, Facebook Aggregated Event Measurement, eight conversion events per domain, and the seven-day attribution window. McHale recommends following these five steps to maintain success despite iOS 14’s limitations:
- Verify your domain(s).
- Select eight conversion events for your domain.
- Choose your ad set attribution window.
- Rely more on internal data (Google Analytics, CRM, etc.).
- Monitor audience size.
Top tactics for a successful Prime Day 2021
By Jeremy Brown | Jun 4, 2021
Prime Day 2021 will kick off at midnight on June 21 and run through to the end of June 22. To help you prepare, Jeremy Brown shares these tactics for best practices and optimization techniques:
- Experiment with Sponsored Brands creatives
- Use Sponsored Display for the lead up to Prime Day
- Drive shoppers to your Amazon Store
- Schedule your Store updates
- Drive discovery and engagement with Sponsored Brands video
- Keep your ads discoverable to shoppers
- Improve campaign performance
- Use Product Targeting to increase your market share, defend your brand and drive more sales
- Get on board with Amazon Attribution
- Bidding for success
How to Choose the Right Facebook Ad Objective for Your Goals
By Amy Bishop | Jun 7, 2021
Facebook Ad objectives are the backbone of any Facebook campaign: the objective controls your bidding options, your ad unit options, and the way your campaigns are optimized. There are 13 campaign objectives to choose from but not much supporting content to help make that selection. Facebook’s own guide leaves a lot to be desired. Here’s a guide to each Facebook Ad Objective type and its bidding options, so you have more information and the ability to use them to your advantage.
Everything We Know About Google’s Performance Max Campaigns
By Amy Bishop | Jun 7, 2021
Performance Max is an automated campaign type, reminiscent of (but still slightly different than) a Smart campaign. Google will automate ad creation but only based upon the assets provided, similar to the way that responsive display ads work. You could also find some likenesses between Performance Max and social campaigns in the sense that it runs across multiple placements using dynamic ad formats and in the fact that performance reporting by audience and placement is limited. I answer some frequently asked questions about Performance Max, including:
- What Network Does Performance Max Run On?
- What Options and Controls Do I have With Performance Max?
- What Do Performance Max Reports Include?
- How Does Performance Max Perform?
The 5 most common types of ad fraud affecting PPC campaigns
By Eduardo Aznar | Jun 8, 2021
“Ad fraud is an endless challenge for those in the digital advertising industry…ad fraud has devastating effects on their marketing budgets, ROAS, and campaign data. Here’s a shocking statistic: 20% of clicks on PPC ads are caused by click fraud,” explains Eduardo Aznar. Aznar examines these five types of ad fraud advertisers need to be aware of, how to detect them, and how best to prevent them:
- Bad bots
- Click farms
- Data center traffic
- Click Spamming
How to Succeed in Google Ads Without Modified Broad Match
By Susie Marino | Jun 8, 2021
“Despite Google’s claims that broad match is more effective than ever before, many advertisers are still reeling from the loss of their beloved modified broad match type,” writes Susie Marino. She reveals how it is possible to still get relevant traffic from your ads without modified broad match with the following:
- The benefits of using broad match + audience targeting (with expert input).
- How to execute this strategy in Google Ads.
- Her three secrets for combining broad match with audiences effectively.
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.