Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
3 Ways to Improve Smart Bidding Performance on Google Ads
By Frederick Vallaeys | Jul 8, 2021
“Bid automation is one of the biggest potential time savers in PPC. Machines are simply faster and more reliable than humans at constantly updating bids based on hundreds of factors that influence conversion rate and conversion value per click,” writes Frederick Vallaeys. But, unfortunately, if you do not see the results you want, you may not be giving the machine enough of the right information. Vallaeys covers three ways you can share better data with Google’s machine learning systems about the value your PPC ads are delivering, including:
- Offline Conversion Import (OCI)
- Conversion Value Adjustments
- Conversion Value Rules (beta)
5 Simple Steps to Set Up Video Extensions in Microsoft Ads
By Amy Bishop | Jul 12, 2021
Video extensions are officially here and available to advertisers globally on desktop. The mobile format is available only in the US and will be rolling out to additional locations over time. Video extensions appear next to an ad as a thumbnail and expand when clicked. Video extensions can be utilized with other extensions, including sitelinks. Advertisers can add a link on the video overlay which will take users to the landing page. Video views are charged the same cost-per-click as ad clicks. I cover how to set up the video extensions in five quick and easy steps, including video requirements.
6 Facebook Ads Updates To Be Excited About This Summer
By Susie Marino | Jul 12, 2021
Susie Marino walks us through the six most recent changes in Facebook ads, including:
- Instagram Reels Ads available to all
- “Optimize text per person” feature in ads
- Even more personalized Shop ads
- Improved access to AR Try-On
- Shops now accessible through Whatsapp
- Customer reviews in Instagram shops
How Much Do Facebook Ads Cost in 2021? (+Ways to Save)
By Akvile DeFazio | Jul 13, 2021
“Whether this is your first foray into advertising on Facebook or you are looking for ways to make the most of your budget, understanding the world of Facebook advertising costs is key to keeping them low,” explains Akvile DeFazio. To help you understand the costs of Facebook Ads in 2021, DeFazio answers the following questions:
- How much do Facebook ads cost in 2021?
- What makes Facebook ads worth the price?
- What factors influence my Facebook advertising costs?
- How do I make the most of my budget?
How to Exit the Facebook Ads Learning Phase Quicker
By Charlie Lawrance | Jul 13, 2021
Charlie Lawrance shares three strategies that will help you exit the learning phase faster and avoid hitting the dreaded learning limited delivery status, including:
- Use Fewer Facebook Ad Sets
- Increase Your Campaign or Ad Set Budget
- Avoid Actions That Reset the Learning Phase
8 Steps to a Lead-Generating Content Marketing Strategy
By Céillie Clark-Keane | Jul 13, 2021
A solid content marketing strategy generates traffic, builds trust with your audience, and generates leads for your business. Céillie Clark-Keane covers what a content marketing strategy is, why your business needs one, and how to develop a lead-generating content marketing strategy. She also provides these eight steps to developing your content marketing plan:
- Set your goals
- Identify your audience
- Start your keyword research
- Pay attention to search intent
- Create high-quality content
- Optimize your content for conversions
- Determine your distribution channels
- Keep updating
14 Facebook Remarketing Strategies to Test
By Amy Bishop | Jul 14, 2021
Facebook offers so many ways to reach prospects in unique and cost-effective ways, not the least of which is remarketing! The great thing about Facebook remarketing is that it is so incredibly versatile. Here are 14 ways you can leverage Facebook Ads to do this:
- Remarketing Page Visitors
- Remarketing Conversion Events
- Remarketing Your Offline Activities
- Remarketing On-Facebook Activities
- People Who Engaged With Your Events
- Remarketing Instant Experiences & Your Facebook Shop
- Test Layering Qualifiers If You Have a Niche Audience And/Or Find Remarketing Isn’t Converting Well
- Dynamic Remarketing
- Recency Based Lists – If You Have Enough Data
- Creating Audiences Off of App Activity
- Audience Sharing
- Follow Your Buyer Journey
- Planning Your Lists Around Other Marketing Activities
- Try Testing Different Campaign Objectives
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.