Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
The Top Landing Page Mistakes You’re Still Making in 2021 (and How to Fix ‘Em)
By Josh Gallant | Jul 23, 2021
Landing pages have key elements that all play a part in getting it right, much like a puzzle coming together. If one of those elements is off, the whole landing page will not work. Josh Gallant covers four of the top reasons your landing page is not working and how to fix it, including:
- Driving all your traffic to one generic landing page
- Pushing monster-size lead gen forms
- Trying to close on cold audiences
- Too many visuals
Google Ads’ New Cryptocurrency Policies Take Effect
By Amy Bishop | Aug 4, 2021
Google will only run cryptocurrency ads from advertisers that are registered with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) as a money services business or be a federal or state-chartered bank that have also completed the new verification process and meet all other requirements for the category. I highlight:
- Requirements for Cryptocurrency Exchanges & Wallets to Run Google Ads
- Cryptocurrency Exchanges & Wallets Google Ads Verification
- Additional Restrictions
Q4 PPC Planning: Creating an Ecomm Facebook Ad Plan
By Bethany Bey | Aug 6, 2021
Right now is an ideal time to get a jump start on planning your e-commerce Facebook advertising strategy for the end of the year. “For ecommerce businesses, Q4 is often when we generate the most revenue with holidays like Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Christmas,” explains Bethany Bey. To help you create a Facebook Ads content strategy to make the most of the Q4, Bey recommends:
- Build Your Content Calendar Early
- Increase Average Order Value
- Fight Ad Fatigue
- Create Video Content
- Plan Ad Spend
11 Tips to Lower Your Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC)
By Brett McHale | Aug 9, 2021
With fierce online competition and rising advertising costs, your systems and processes for acquiring new customers must be cost-effective. Brett McHale defines customer acquisition and customer acquisition cost (CAC) and explains the difference between CAC and CPA. He also provides these 11 tips and tactics you can implement to lower your customer acquisition cost:
- Have tracking in place
- Set a baseline
- Align your ads accordingly
- Have a clear path to conversion
- Use landing pages
- Optimize your website and landing page experience
- Get into the weeds of conversion data
- Check your placement settings
- Check your geotargeting settings
- Use bidding strategies
- Write great content
New Google Safeguards for Minors: Fewer Ads, Safer Content, & More
By Amy Bishop | Aug 10, 2021
Google is making changes to create a safer space for kids and teens on the internet, with a list of new features and tools. Google will be expanding safeguards to prevent age-sensitive ad categories from being shown to teens. Ads will be blocked based on the age, gender, and interests of people under 18. These changes will begin to roll out globally over the coming months with the goal of ensuring that they are delivering age-appropriate experiences for ads.
Three Ways to Assess Performance When Year Over Year Doesn’t Work
By Melissa Reilly | Aug 10, 2021
Suppose you are experiencing extreme year-over-year trends across your digital media. In that case, Melissa Reilly has three key approaches advertisers should take to assess performance when year over year figures won’t cut it, including:
- Look at a longer-term trajectory rather than strict year-over-year comparisons.
- Expand your definition of success with goals that build on or improve upon trends from 2020.
- Use an omnichannel view to see the full picture of performance as customers shift online dollars to brick and mortar.
4 Ways to Improve Your Facebook Ad Data Tracking
By James Bender | Aug 11, 2021
“Apple’s privacy update is making it more difficult to meaningfully link user behavior across apps and mobile websites on iOS devices,” explains James Bender. He shares four key steps to optimize your Facebook marketing activities and continue to make data-backed decisions, including:
- Verify Your Website’s Domain With Facebook
- Set Up Aggregated Events Manager/Select Eight Events for Verification
- Leverage UTM Parameters, Google Universal Analytics, and Google Analytics 4
- Employ Alternate Data Capture Tactics
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.