Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
Google Ad’s New Conversion Value Rules: What They Are & How to Use Them
By Amy Bishop | Aug 19, 2021
Google Ads announced that advertisers will now have more control over smart bidding with conversion value rules. Conversion value rules will adjust the value of a given conversion, based upon factors that impact lead quality and value. Conversion value rules allow advertisers to tell Google Ads what factors are most important to them by applying rules. The rules allow advertisers to indicate instances when a conversion is worth more or less than the average conversion, based upon various characteristics of the auction. Having this control will also allow advertisers and smart-bidding algorithms better data to bid and budget more effectively. I highlight:
- What Factors can Advertisers Choose from When Applying Rules?
- Example Conversion Rule Scenario
- How are Rules Created?
- How are Rules Applied?
- Can You Report Upon Conversion Value Rules?
12 Important PPC Trends To Watch In 2021
By Jigar Agrawal | Aug 19, 2021
“Brands and marketers who develop the latest trends into their present marketing strategy will reach their audience easier and build relationships that nurture leads through the sales process more efficiently,” writes Jigar Agrawal. According to Agrawal, these are the top PPC trends to watch in 2021:
- Responsive Search Ads (RSAs)
- PPC Automation
- Diversification Will Become More Important
- Harness The Power Of First-Party Data
- New Instagram Opportunities
- Goodbye Data
- Big Picture Strategy Will Become More Valuable
- More Targeted Ad Message
- Ads Data Hub
- Great Mobile Experience
- Voice Search For PPC Campaigns
- Video Ads And PPC
Google Ads Includes Impression Share Data in Custom Columns
By Amy Bishop | Aug 21, 2021
Google Ads has announced that impression share data can now be used to create custom columns. Previously, Google Ads had allowed average position to be included in custom columns but after sunsetting average position as a metric in 2019, it was not replaced as an option. Although average position and impression share are different, the new inclusion of impression share data could allow advertisers to create calculations that factor in where there is still an opportunity to gain more visibility by bidding or budgeting more aggressively.
What to Do With Low Search Volume Keywords in Google Ads
By Geetanjali Tyagi | Aug 23, 2021
“Having a few low search volume keywords in your account doesn’t affect account performance. However, if you have a significant number of such keywords, it may affect the Quality Score of the campaign they are in and add unnecessary volume,” explains Geetanjali Tyagi. To help you manage low volume keywords, Tyagi recommends:
- Leave the keyword as it is.
- Change match type.
- Find new keywords.
- Pause keywords with a low quality score.
- Move keywords to a different campaign.
Tips for Using Subliminal Messaging in Your PPC Ad Copy
By Kim Shah | Aug 23, 2021
When writing influential ad copy, consider subliminal techniques that will evoke a response from consumers on an unconscious level. Kim Shah recommends these three ways you can speak to consumers on a subconscious level by using subliminal messaging in your ad copy to evoke a response:
- Create a Sense of Urgency
- Ad Personalization & Connectedness
- Use Strategic & Intentional Language
Intent-Based SEO & PPC: 5 Ways to Build Incremental Benefit
By Lemuel Park | Aug 23, 2021
“Search is a great channel for intent-based marketing, given that the keywords searchers use in their queries can reveal a great deal about the underlying reasons for the search. This is true of both SEO and PPC, and this is another way in which the two tactics work better together,” writes Lemuel Park. Here are five ways you can build incremental benefits and best tap into search intent using SEO and PPC together:
- Use PPC to Fill Gaps in Campaigns
- Get Broad Coverage on Ambiguous Queries
- Touch on Different Pain Points by Understanding Intent Types
- Boost Local Search Performance with SEO and PPC
- Use Intent-Based SEO and PPC to Build the Profile and Improve Revenue from Your Most Valuable Pages
7 Cross-Channel Marketing Mistakes You Can’t Afford to Make
By Michelle Morgan | Aug 24, 2021
When done correctly, cross-channel marketing can yield increased engagement, better insights, and a stronger brand. Michelle Morgan covers seven common cross-channel marketing mistakes to avoid so that you can get the most out of your strategy, including:
- Delivering inconsistent messages
- Promoting the same offers on every channel
- Having the same KPIs for every channel
- Being rigid with budget
- Creating inconsistent retargeting audiences
- Not using a single source of truth for reporting
- Ignoring non-converting channels
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.