Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
7 Reasons to Start Using Facebook Conversions API (NOW) + How To Do It
By Kristen McCormick | Oct 6, 2021 | WordStream
Due to iOS 14 privacy features and the certain death of cookies next year, advertisers are relying less on the Facebook Pixel to understand how ads are performing and build retargeting audiences. The Facebook Conversions API is essential for Facebook advertisers who want to future-proof their strategy in a privacy-first world. Kristen McCormick covers:
- What the Facebook Conversions API is and how it works.
- Its similarities and differences to the Facebook Pixel.
- Seven reasons to use Facebook Conversions API (along with the pixel!).
- How to set up Facebook Conversions API for your account.
10 Ideas for YouTube Ads People Won’t Skip
By Anna Sonnenberg | Oct 9, 2021 | SocialMedia Examiner
If you want to produce better video ads but feel stuck when it comes to creative concepts or writing a strong script, Anna Sonnenberg shares these ideas for YouTube Ads that will entice viewers to watch and convert:
- Share Engaging Use Cases
- Highlight Key Benefits
- Give a Helpful Demonstration
- Agitate Customers’ Pain Points
- Entertain and Amuse
- Show Social Proof
- Leverage Numbers
- Feature a Brand Ambassador
- Be the Voice of Experience
- Provide a Play-by-Play
How Does Machine Learning Work in Paid Search Marketing?
By Navah Hopkins | Oct 11, 2021 | Search Engine Journal
“Machine learning impacts almost all elements of paid search and understanding how to teach the algorithm is crucial to PPC success,” explains Navah Hopkins. “All modern ad platforms now factor machine learning into their algorithms. Managing successful campaigns requires an understanding of the machine learning in each ad network.” Hopkins covers:
- What is machine learning?
- How does machine learning factor into paid search campaigns?
- How to optimize for paid search machine learning.
PPC for Small Businesses [INFOGRAPHIC]
By Kayla Kurtz | Oct 11, 2021 | Clix Marketing
PPC can be applied to small businesses or budgets of any size. Check out the infographic from the Clix Marketing team for these quick tips for small businesses:
- Nurture existing leads with remarketing, especially for businesses with longer sales cycles.
- Utilize testimonials – existing customers can help hook those who are on the fence!
- Balance your budget to channels that drive new customer discovery and sales.
- Leverage promotions or deals in ad copy, particularly for high lifetime order value customers.
- Incorporate feedback from sales teams on what is (and isn’t) driving valuable leads.
Top mistakes ecommerece businesses make in their PPC strategies during the build-up to Black Friday/Christmas
By Elizabeth Roscoe | Oct 11, 2021 | ClickZ
Having a solid PPC strategy in place for the holiday season can greatly impact many businesses. Elizabeth Roscoe highlights these top nine PPC mistakes eCommerce businesses make during Black Friday and Christmas:
- Anticipating a single peak
- Overcomplicating discounts
- Having unclear goals for sales periods
- Making changes on the day
- Falling foul of Google policy
- Mixed messaging across platforms
- Ensuring your web server can handle your expected traffic
- Missing chances for remarketing
- Leaving data behind
7 Ways to Combat Rising Facebook CPMs Due to iOS 14
By Brett McHale | Oct 11, 2021 | WordStream
In the months following the iOS14 update, Brett McHale has noticed increasing CPMs. This might be due to audience sizes shrinking, increased competition, and in-feed placements having more value. To help you combat rising CPMs as a result of iOS 14, McHale recommends these tips:
- Diversify your campaign strategy
- Broaden your audiences
- Lower daily budget on the ad set level & introduce more audiences
- Enable all placements
- Implement Facebook’s Conversions API
- Keep costs low elsewhere
- Don’t give up on Facebook ads!
10 Facebook Ad Metrics Marketers Must Track
By Charlie Lawrance | Oct 13, 2021 | SocialMedia Examiner
“It’s easy to become overwhelmed by the sheer number of Facebook ad metrics you could analyze in your ad account…To measure the real impact of your Facebook advertising on your business and how it’s generating new sales and customers, I’m going to walk you through how to add 10 core metrics (both default and custom) to a custom report,” writes Charlie Lawrance. He walks you through how to build a custom report to add all of the default and custom metrics into one data view. In your custom report, you’re going to have these columns:
- Link clicks
- Cost per link click
- Landing page views
- Link click CTR
- Purchase conversion value
- Cost per purchase
- Return on ad spend
- Average order value
- Sales page conversion rate
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.