Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
The 8 Most Important Social Media Trends to Watch for in 2022
By Ana Gotter | Jan 26, 2022 | AdEspresso
It is important to stay agile and adaptable when it comes to social media best practices. These trends are important for advertisers who are using social this year:
- Working with creators
- Customers will want to shop directly on social media
- Investing in PPC ads across different platforms
- Customer service and social media are more entwined than ever
- Moving beyond the feed
- Live video will help you sell
- Social listening is more important than ever
- Get ready to tell a joke
How to win with PPC in a dataless world
By Corey Patterson | Jan 27, 2022 | Search Engine Land
Google, Amazon, Apple, and Facebook – the biggest players in digital advertising – are making significant changes to accommodate current and upcoming consumer data regulations. Most marketers are concerned about the loss of data, thinking that it will make it much more difficult to manage client campaigns. At SMX Next, Sam Tomlinson showed how marketers can make the most of the data they do have. “Just because some data has been taken away and some control levers have been taken away doesn’t mean that we’re in a world of hurt,” Tomlinson said. “It just means we have to adapt.” Here are three ways Tomlinson says marketers can succeed with PPC despite having access to less data:
- Improve data measurement with marketing mix models
- Obtain more accurate client data
- Use lower intent goals in your campaigns
How To Appraise & Optimize Any Landing Page By Campaign Performance
By Ashwin Balakrishnan | Jan 31, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
“Ads and landing pages no longer win when they pack in keywords, but when they closely match user intent. Strong visual elements and a good user experience lead to signals that tell Google people want to visit (and stay on) your page,” writes Ashwin Balakrishnan. Two simple campaign metrics, click-through rate (CTR) and conversion rate, can help you categorize any landing page into one of four segments that account for both performance and potential. These four segments make it easier to determine the right steps to sustain or improve performance and you’ll quickly be able to determine:
- How a given ad and its landing page are performing.
- What degree of optimization is necessary.
- Whether those fixes need to be made to the ad or the landing page.
Microsoft rolls out portfolio bid strategies and automated integration with Google Tag Manager
By George Nguyen | Feb 1, 2022 | Search Engine Land
Microsoft’s platform gives advertisers two more opportunities to save time that might otherwise be spent adjusting and configuring their campaigns. Portfolio bid strategies are now available globally, saving time that may have been spent manually adjusting bids. The platform’s automated integration with Google Tag Manager (GTM) is also now generally available, saving time by copying over the Google tag setup you’re already using.
7 Ways To Segment Your Audience For Successful Retargeting
By Andrea Atzori | Feb 2, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
“If marketing is the art of persuasion, then retargeting is that art at its finest,” writes Andrea Atzori. Using all available information about your users and how they interact with your brand is essential. To do that, Atzori shares practical examples of how you can segment your audiences into successful retargeting lists:
- Don’t Think Channels; Think Users, Instead
- Flirting With Our Competitors’ Users
- Using Sequential Messaging And Storytelling For Engagement
- Broaden Your Strategy By Targeting Life Events
- Contextual Retargeting
- Retargeting Users That Have Run A Site Search But Not Transacted
- Retargeting Our Most Valuable Audience Segments Through (Buying) Personas
Google finally launches revamped Partners program
By George Nguyen | Feb 2, 2022 | Search Engine Land
The new Google Partners program has been launched, which means that Partners program requirements have now taken effect. “Google will notify all Partners of their current status. Those that have already met the new requirements will receive their Partners badge immediately and those that have not will receive their badge as soon as they meet all the requirements,” writes George Nguyen. To be eligible for the new Google Partners program, advertisers must:
- Achieve an optimization score of 70%.
- Spend $10,000 across all of a partner’s managed accounts within a 90-day period.
- Have at least 50% of designated account strategists certified in Google Ads, with at least one certification in each product area (Search, Display, Video, etc.) with campaign spend of $500 (or more) in 90 days.
How to Build a YouTube Ad Sequence
By Anna Sonnenberg | Feb 2, 2022 | SocialMedia Examiner
“YouTube video ad sequences give your business a unique opportunity to deliver a series of related messages to your target audience. With this campaign subtype, you can reach key marketing goals while increasing awareness, driving consideration, and creating a memorable experience for your target audience,” writes Anna Sonnenberg. She walks you through how to set up a YouTube Ad Sequence in your Google Ads account. She also provides these key reasons for using YouTube Ad Sequences:
- Deliver Your Brand’s Message in Order
- Make Your Brand More Memorable
- Drive Website Traffic and Purchase Intent
- Complement Related YouTube Campaigns
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.