Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
The #1 Mistake Most Marketers Make When Running Paid Ads
By Kasim Aslam | Mar 19, 2022 | DigitalMarketer
You need to be able to track conversions to be successful in paid advertising. “The number one mistake we see marketers make across all advertising networks is incomplete or non-existent conversion tracking,” writes Kasim Aslam. “The technical implementation of your conversion events is critically important.” Aslam offers pro tips on how to track conversions for:
- Form Submissions
- Phone Calls
- Lead Magnets
Google Ads Editor version 2.0 supports Performance Max campaigns
By George Nguyen | Mar 21, 2022 | Search Engine Land
The Google Ads Editor version 2.0 is now available. This version includes support for Performance Max campaigns, shared audiences, custom actions and action triggers, conversion goals and more. “The Google Ads Editor can be a nifty tool for working offline or making bulk edits. These updates provide advertisers with more of the Google Ads capabilities they may be used to, while helping the tool keep up with some of the recent changes that Google has made,” notes George Nguyen.
PPC Ad Copy 101: How to Write Compelling Ad Copy That Converts
By John Allen | Mar 21, 2022 | Hero Conf
A well-written pay-per-click ad is essential if you want to convert prospects. Ad copy that is compelling can be difficult to write. John Allen provides the following steps you can follow to write and optimize engaging PPC ad copies that will attract your target audience and increase conversions:
- Conduct thorough research
- Be customer-focused
- Use attention-grabbing headlines
- Keep it simple
- Include CTAs
- Put keywords in URLs
- Test your ads
Microsoft Advertising updates reporting dashboard with recent reports, real-time previews and more
By George Nguyen | Mar 22, 2022 | Search Engine Land
Microsoft Advertising’s new reporting dashboard is now available in all markets and all languages. The updates include easier access to recent reports, real-time report previews as well as formatting options and shortcuts. The new reporting dashboard is aimed at streamlining workflows by making reports easier to customize and access.
4 Ways Anchor Links Can Improve Your Landing Page
By Josh Gallant | Mar 22, 2022 | Unbounce
An anchor link lets a visitor jump between sections of a page. This subtle design technique boosts the overall user experience by guiding visitors and ensuring they see the most important elements your page offers. Not only that, but anchor links can also help nudge your visitors along in the conversion process. If you’ve got a specific conversion goal in mind, you can use an anchor link to bring your visitor where you want them to go. Josh Gallant details how to use anchor links on your landing page for:
- CTA button
- Social proof
- Lead generation
- Table of contents
Meta rebrands automated ad products, shopping campaigns coming soon
By Danny Goodwin | Mar 23, 2022 | Search Engine Land
Meta is consolidating its automated ad products into the Meta Advantage suite. The suite will consist of two types of Advantage products:
- Advantage: This lets you automate a specific part of a manual campaign.
- Advantage+: This lets you automate a campaign from beginning to end or part of a manual campaign (e.g., placements or creative).
Here’s what Meta announced is changing:
- Lookalike Expansion becomes Advantage Lookalike. This tool helps advertisers reach a broader audience than what is defined in their Lookalike audience.
- Detailed Targeting Expansion becomes Advantage Detailed Targeting. This tool finds additional audiences based on the advertiser’s targeting preferences (e.g., interests).
- Automated App Ads become Advantage+ App Campaigns. This tool uses real-time data to adjust ads across audience, placement and creative.
- Automatic Placements become Advantage+ Placements. This tool decides where your ad will show on Meta (e.g., Facebook Feed, Instagram Stories, Reels), with the goal of delivering better results.
- Dynamic Experiences becomes Advantage+ Creative. This tool creates multiple variations of an ad using a single image or video.
- Coming soon: Advantage+ Shopping Campaigns. Currently known as Automated Shopping Ads, this is in beta testing.
6 Tips For Supercharging Google Display Network Performance
By Ben Wood | Mar 23, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
“With the inevitable move toward automation in Google Ads, it’s important to understand the levers and mechanisms you can manipulate to reach optimal performance,” writes Ben Wood. To help you lean into automation while maintaining control of your campaigns, Wood dives into:
- Remarketing Campaigns
- Target Similar Audiences
- Focus On Placements
- Look Out For Mobile Apps
- Target In-Market Audiences
- Use Responsive Display Ads
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.