Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
Google Search Partners: 5 Misconceptions & How It Really Works
By Amy Bishop | Apr 1, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
The Google Search Partner network lets advertisers extend their reach, but it’s not without its drawbacks. The biggest downside is the lack of transparency and control. There is limited data about where your ads are displayed, and you can’t prevent ads from displaying in placements with poor performance or controversial content. Google’s Search Partners network also includes parked domains that can drain your budget without your ads ever being seen by real users. You also have limited control over ad auctions, as bid modifiers cannot be used. So, how do you make the search partners network work for your campaigns? I cover five common misconceptions about Google Search Partners, including:
- All Sites Included Are Smaller Search Engines
- The Search Partners Are Only For Traditional Search Campaigns
- Just Because The Search Partners Didn’t Work Before Means They Never Will
- The Most Granular Insight You Can Get Into Search Partners Is By Segmenting By Search Partner Network At The Campaign Level
- If The CPA Is Higher In Search Partners, There’s Nothing That Can Be Done
Additionally, I cover steps you can take to improve performance on Google Search Partners:
- Segment Out Your Campaigns By Match Type
- Segment Out Your Campaigns By Device
- Segment Out Your Campaigns By Match Type
- Segmenting Out An RLSA Campaign
- Duplicating A Campaign Just For Search Partners
UX Tricks to Optimize Your Landing Page Conversion Rates
By Luke Carlino | Apr 4, 2022 | Hero Conf
A landing page’s User Experience (UX) influences conversion rates. “UX encompasses how users feel when they interact with your page while also considering the functionality of ‘how’ things work,” writes Luke Carlino. He shares the following tips and considerations to ensure your landing page is optimized for high conversion rates:
- Make your page more interesting with video
- Consider your CTA placement
- Check your site speed
- Create simpler web forms
- Ensure you have great design and amazing copy
- Continually analyze and test
How to Master Responsive Search Ad Copy in 5 Steps (With a Template)
By Michelle Morgan | Apr 5, 2022 | WordStream
Responsive search ads (RSAs) are soon to be the only standard Search campaign type in Google Ads. “With this ad format, you provide up to 15 headlines and four descriptions and Google will mix and match those into ads that best fit each search. But you’re not just dealing with 15 headlines and four descriptions. You’re dealing with combinations and permutations that all need to make sense,” explains Michelle Morgan. She shares a simple process for writing responsive search ad headlines and descriptions, with a template, following these five steps:
- Create different types of headlines
- Assemble categories into themed templates
- Add messaging & pin into your template
- Follow a similar 3-step process for descriptions
- Get to testing
Want to Increase Your Ecommerce Conversion Rate? Learn the 5 Factors That Influence It.
By Vlad Shvets | Apr 5, 2022 | Optmyzr
Vlad Shvets provides a helpful guide on how to increase e-commerce conversions. He covers how to measure e-commerce conversion rates and lists some niche industry benchmarks. To help you achieve a conversion rate that’s better than the average, Shvets details these five factors that influence an increase in conversions:
- Product-Audience Fit
- Order And Payment Forms Design
- Supported Payment Methods
- Trust Badges
- Customer Support
The Skai™ 5: Five RSA Quick Tips As Search Marketers Get Ready for the Shift
By Joe Bernal | Apr 6, 2022 | Skai
Here are five good tips for you to remember to maximize performance with dynamic ad formats for those of you gearing up for the RSA-only future coming in June 2022:
- Use unique and concise headlines
- Be strategic with pinning
- Include high-volume keywords in your titles
- Use Google’s Ad Strength Tool
- Test, test, test
Google Ads Optimization: Search Campaign Optimization List
By John Allen | Apr 6, 2022 | Hero Conf
“Successful Google Ads campaigns require regular optimization. Often, PPC managers don’t have the processes in place to optimize their Ads campaigns and don’t yield the results of their competitors,” writes John Allen. To help you make the most of Google Ads and the online personalized recommendations they present searchers with, Allen provides this optimization checklist:
- Create a list of negative keywords
- Monitor search ad performance
- Location target bid adjustment
- Leverage demographic targeting
- Audience targeting
- Bid optimization
- Budget optimization
- Remarketing campaigns
Google Discovery Ads Dos and Don’ts For More Successful Campaigns
By Justin Lugbill | Apr 6, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
Google Discovery campaigns offer up several unique opportunities that other ad types such as Display do not offer, including search keyword-level targeting. Justin Lugbill covers:
- Discovery’s #1 Targeting Differentiator.
- Layering Targeting in Discovery Campaigns.
- Discovery + Retargeting.
- Optimized Targeting.
- Discovery Ad 101s + Dos and Don’ts.
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.