Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
TikTok Introduces Interactive Add-Ons For Ads
By Brian Frederick | Apr 21, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
Advertisers can now use interactive add-ons to TikTok’s in-feed ads. These interactive elements are intended to help brands attract and engage viewers and are compatible with campaigns geared towards app installs, conversion, reach, and frequency. Standard add-ons help marketers achieve lower-funnel marketing goals like clicks and conversions. They include:
- Display Cards: For visually highlighting messages, sharing offers or driving traffic to an app or website.
- Gift Code Stickers: To boost conversions, attract new buyers and drive loyalty from existing customers.
- Voting Stickers: To encourage audience participation, build connections, and collect feedback.
- Countdown Stickers: To create a sense of urgency and build a buzz about ongoing or upcoming events.
Premium add-ons help brands reach their upper-funnel goals like generating awareness and building a community. These include:
- Pop-out Showcases: For highlighting an offering and driving clicks that lead users further through the sales funnel.
- Gestures: Intended to delight audiences and increase participation.
The Best Display Ads of 2022, and Why They Work
By Katie Sullivan Porter | Apr 22, 2022 | Marin One Blog
Your product and messaging can be effectively communicated through display advertising. The ads encourage readers to click through and discover more. Katie Sullivan Porter highlights eight examples of excellent display ads and reviews why they work so well. Additionally, she offers these recommendations for making your display ad campaigns a success:
- Set a Clear Goal for Your Ads
- Use Interesting Visuals
- Think About Your Fonts
- Carefully Pick the Platform for Your Ads
- Understand Your Audience
- Keep Your Copy Short
- Inject Some Humor
- Solve the Audience’s Problem
Getting Started With Google Shopping’s Free Product Listings
By Jason J. Zotara | Apr 22, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
A user can search millions of products across thousands of stores in seconds using the Google Shopping platform. “Understanding Google Shopping, particularly as a retailer, is crucial in 2022,” writes Jason J. Zotara. To help you learn more about how free product listings work, why it matters, and how to get involved, Zotara covers:
- How Does A Free Product Listing Work?
- Where Do Free Listings Appear?
- How Can Merchants Get Started Listing Products For Free With Google?
- What Are The Benefits For Retailers Who List Their Products On Google?
10 Ways to Outsmart Your Competition in Google Ads
By Candace Boren | Apr 22, 2022 | Marin One Blog
“Google Ads has proven vital for marketers looking to reach more customers, drive traffic, build brand awareness, and create a positive image for their business,” writes Candace Boren. She offers these ten tips to stay ahead of the competition:
- Create a memorable ad
- Use Google Ads Editor to make changes faster
- Use ad extensions to increase your visibility
- Split-test different versions of your ads to find the most effective combination
- Use negative keywords to weed out irrelevant search terms
- Experiment with different bidding strategies
- Include Keywords in the Ad as well as the Landing Page
- Don’t Combine Search and Display Campaigns Together
- Keep up with what’s trending
- Track your progress
4 Smart Tactics For Advanced Google Ads Audience Targeting
By Ben Wood | Apr 25, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
“Gone are the days of solely relying on keywords to drive your PPC success. With the relaxed keyword match types, the use of audiences in Google Ads has sophisticated tenfold. Utilizing audience targeting is no longer an option for campaigns; it should be part of your overall campaign strategy,” explains Ben Wood. Wood discusses four advanced audience targeting tactics for refining your PPC targeting to leverage budget and maximize return on ad spend (ROAS), including:
- Smarter Use Of Remarketing Lists For Search Ads (RLSAs)
- Combining Social Audiences With RLSAs
- Using Custom Affinity Audiences
- Combining In-Market Segments With Remarketing
Stick the Landing: How to Optimize Your Destination Page to Improve Ads Performance
By Meta | Apr 25, 2022 | Meta for Business
“Ensuring that the ad-to-destination page experience is optimized for mobile is essential for brands’ growth and performance. Based on years of research and hands-on experience working with businesses of all sizes, from retail to ecommerce to financial services, Meta and Branding Brand have partnered to share best practices for businesses that want to optimize their experiences, reduce friction and increase conversion rates,” reports Meta. The best practices they recommend are:
- Ensure your destination pages load in less than 3 seconds.
- Have continuity between the ad and destination page.
- Identify your customers’ common questions and include these answers on the destination page.
- Put yourself in your customers’ place.
- Design a mobile-friendly interface.
- Review your ad-to-destination experience using the scorecard at the end of the whitepaper.
Performance Max campaigns gain New Customer Acquisition goals
By Greg Finn | Apr 26, 2022 | Search Engine Land
Google Performance Max campaigns gain a new customer acquisition goal that will allow advertisers to optimize to those who are not previous customers. Advertisers have a few options to choose from when identifying new customers including:
- Customer Match lists
- Conversion tags
- Google’s autodetection method
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.