Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
Adapt Your Search Campaigns for Inflation and Consumer Sentiment Shifts
By Melissa Reilly | Apr 29, 2022 | Merkle
Consumers are concerned about the future with rising interest rates, increased oil prices, and sky-high inflation. It varies by industry, but marketers are seeing individuals tighten their purse strings. “In SEM, this is translating to year over year revenue softness for many brands. Companies in retail, travel, and financial services are having to adjust forecasts and performance expectations, which (don’t forget!) were made based on highly unusual performance figures in 2020 and 2021. Brands are left wondering how to assess their performance and what to do to maximize it given the current consumer situation,” explains Melissa Reilly. She recommends these three approaches your brand can take now to optimize within the current market situation:
- Be intentional with your brand bidding strategies and goals.
- Understand the value propositions that matter now and communicate them effectively.
- Expand your reach with pure broad match.
What Are TikTok Dynamic Showcase Ads?
By Tara Johnson | Apr 29, 2022 | Tinuiti
“TikTok Dynamic Showcase Ads, or DSAs, are custom video ads created in real-time and built around an ad template. This ad template is filled with product info from a regularly updated product catalog,” writes Tara Johnson. DSAs have several benefits, such as: advertising a large product portfolio at scale, creating highly personalized and relevant content, and targeting consumers across different devices. Johnson covers:
- What Are TikTok Dynamic Showcase Ads?
- How Do TikTok Dynamic Showcase Ads Work?
- What Are TikTok Dynamic Showcase Ads Specs?
- How Much Do TikTok Dynamic Showcase Ads Cost?
- Best Examples of TikTok Dynamic Showcase Ads
Here’s Your B2B Multichannel Full-Funnel Strategy In 5 Simple Steps
By Alex Macura | May 2, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
Alex Macura writes that “a well-devised marketing funnel that guides the buyer along the sales journey is of massive importance for B2B marketers who want to succeed.” He explains, “B2B marketers can ‘unleash’ the full potential of demand generation initiatives by implementing a solid B2B marketing and multi-channel funnel strategy.” To guide B2B consumers toward the desired positive outcome at every stage of the funnel and eventually convert them into paying customers, Macura recommends:
- Focus On Identifying And Championing Your Ideal Customer
- X Marks The Spot
- Compare Like For Like
- Create B2B Sales Funnel Catch-net Content
- Measure What Matters
How to Advertise on Facebook: The Visual, Step-by-Step Guide
By Kristen McCormick | May 3, 2022 | WordStream
66% of U.S. small businesses use Facebook ads, which is no surprise given its widespread usage, versatility, targeting, and low costs. Kristen McCormick walks you through a full tutorial on how to advertise on Facebook, complete with screenshots, tips, FAQs, and visuals. She covers:
- Why advertise on Facebook?
- Facebook ad account overview
- How to advertise on Facebook in 8 steps
- Facebook ad FAQs
Google Responsive Search Ads: What you need to know
By Jenny Mallory | May 3, 2022 | Search Engine Land
Google will sunset expanded text ads (ETAs) June 30, 2022. It’s almost here; are you ready for the successor to ETAs – Responsive Search Ads (RSAs)? To help you understand how this transition may affect your paid search campaigns, Jenny Mallory covers:
- Details on the transition
- What are RSAs?
- Benefits of RSAs
- How does the transition affect search ad strategy?
- How to write effective RSAs
- Google Ads RSA preparation checklist
Performance Max: 7 PPC Community & Google Team Insights
By Frederick Vallaeys | May 4, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
Performance Max campaigns let advertisers promote their products & services across all of Google’s advertising channels, simplifying the effort to reach customers. As a fairly new campaign type, best practices are still evolving. Frederick Vallaeys interviewed product team members at Google who built Performance Max, and he shares these seven insights from that interview:
- Performance Max Takes Priority Over Other Shopping Campaign Types
- Upgrading Smart Shopping To Performance Max Doesn’t Mean You Have To Advertise On All Channels
- Keywords From Search Campaigns Take Priority Over Performance Max Targeting
- Reporting Accurate Conversion Data To Performance Max Yields Higher Quality Conversions
- You Cannot Allocate Specific Budgets To Channels
- You Can Optimize For Getting New Customers Using The New Customer Acquisition Feature
- Account Level Negative Targeting Is Supported
Six Ways to Adjust Google Ads to Save Budget
By Vikas Kalwani | May 4, 2022 | Hero Conf
It’s never been more critical to ensure that your Google Ads aren’t burning through your budget. Vikas Kalwani shares six ways to adjust your Google Ads to save money while still driving conversions, including:
- Audit Your Negative Keyword List
- Use Dynamic Search Ads
- Use Retargeting to Send Hyper-Targeted Ads
- Increase Your Quality Score
- Focus on Customer Intent
- Make Ad Groups Smaller
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.