Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
30 Awesome Examples of Conversational Copywriting (+How to Do It Right)
By Kristen McCormick | May 5, 2022 | WordStream
Humanize your business and connect with your audience using conversational copywriting. A conversational tone is an informal style of writing that utilizes stronger, more memorable messaging and earns trust with your audience. It can be used in emails, ads, landing pages, websites, and more. Kristen McCormick covers:
- What is conversational tone?
- Why you should be using it in your marketing.
- How to write in conversational tone.
- 30+ awesome examples of conversational copywriting that works.
TikTok Has A New Way For Advertisers Reach Users
By Brooke Osmundson | May 5, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
TikTok Pulse is a new contextual advertising solution, meaning your ads show around top content in a users’ For You feed. The new Pulse solution will show your brand’s TikTok ad among the top 4% of all videos on that platform. Additionally, Pulse aims to drive engagement and action, and confidence in brand suitability measurements.
7 Ad Copy Tests To Boost PPC Performance [With Examples]
By Jon Clark | May 9, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
“Thorough ad copy testing can give you confidence in your ads and boost your chances of making a return on those that you do decide to run,” writes Jon Clark. To help you create the best ads possible and improve your PPC performance, Clark provides the following ground rules, tips, and tricks for your upcoming ad copy tests:
- Numerical Abbreviations Vs. Full Numerical Values
- Add, Modify, And Remove Pricing
- Experiment When Quantifying Promotions
- Appeal To Emotion
- Test Your CTA
- Play Around With Your Landing Pages
Instagram Video Ad Changes Marketers Need to Know
By Anna Sonnenberg | May 9, 2022 | SocialMedia Examiner
“As Instagram continues to phase out IGTV and consolidate the platform around short-form video, it’s important to master the art of Reels ads,” writes Anna Sonnenberg. In its announcements about the removal of in-stream spots, Instagram has encouraged advertisers to use Instagram Reels placements instead. Sonnenberg reviews how to create a campaign with an Instagram Reels Ad, and shares these ideas for creating reels that appeal to your audience and help you reach your goals:
- Use Your Reels Insights
- Show What Your Product or Service Does
- Make a Clear Comparison
- Create a Compelling Value Proposition
- Repurpose Lifestyle Content
Google Responsive Search Ads: Here’s Everything You Need to Know
By Vimal Bharadwaj | May 10, 2022 | Optmyzr
“Responsive Search Ads (RSAs) are text ads that allow PPC marketers to create multiple headlines and descriptions that are tested over time by Google’s machine learning and turned into relevant ads customized for the end-user based on their search query,” explains Vimal Bharadwaj. To help you understand everything you need to know about RSAs, Bharadwaj covers:
- How do Responsive Search Ads work?
- Responsive Search Ads Examples
- Google’s latest update on Responsive Search Ads
- What does this mean for PPC Marketers who still use Expanded Text Ads?
- Does Ad Strength of Responsive Search Ads Affect Their Performance?
- Let the machines learn!
The 2022 Guide to the Perfect Google Ads Account Structure
By Susie Marino | May 10, 2022 | WordStream
“Optimizing your Google ads involves lots of things: ad copy, targeting, scheduling, and more. But what a lot of beginner advertisers don’t realize is that their ability to do all of that—and to do it efficiently—is impacted by how their account is structured in the first place,” writes Susie Marino. She provides an A-to-Z visual guide to Google Ads account structure, where she covers:
- Break down a Google Ads account into its key components.
- Demystify the features and settings available at each level.
- Provide tips and best practices for structuring out your account.
Success In The PPC Automation Age: A Paid Search Marketing Roadmap
By Ashwin Balakrishnan | May 11, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
For anyone not so sure about how to be a successful marketer in the age of PPC automation, Ashwin Balakrishnan covers:
- Changes you should be ready to deal with.
- Opportunities to consider pursuing.
- Must-have skills that will serve you well.
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.