Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
Google Ad Manager Gets 8 Updates
By Matt G. Southern | Jun 10, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
Google rolled out eight updates to Ad Manager, and announced several more features that are coming soon. The following updates are available in Google Ad Manager:
- PPID TTL extension: Publisher provided identifier (PPID) time-to-live (TTL) is extended from 90 days to 180 days.
- Optimize pricing: Increase in auction floor prices to more accurately reflect your inventory’s value. This setting is enabled by default.
- Facebook rebrand: ‘Facebook’ is changed to ‘Meta’ throughout Ad Manager to reflect the company’s rebrand.
- Block ad experiences: ‘Allow video ads’ is now a block called ‘Block non-instream video ads.’
- SupplyChain Object complete: Google is marking the SupplyChain Object complete for MCM Manage Inventory publishers.
- Google Analytics 4: GA4 integration with Google Ad Manager for web data is now in open beta.
- Bid rejection reason: More granularity added to the ‘Bid rejection reason’ in both reporting and data transfer.
- WebView API for Ads: This is now available to help app developers unlock the monetization opportunity in WebView content.
6 Amazon marketing strategies to implement in 2022
By Evan Facinger | Jun 13, 2022 | Search Engine Land
How do you stand out on Amazon and generate more sales? “Keep strategy focused on awareness and conversion. If you implement the right strategy, Amazon should reward you with higher rankings,” recommends Evan Facinger. He dives into these six marketing strategies you can use to grow your Amazon sales:
- Cover the basics
- Reanalyze your keywords and focus on keyword relevancy
- Invest more in advertising
- Bring in more off-Amazon traffic
- Use a coupon with Amazon advertising
- Invest in high-quality videos
Get To Know Ad Rank & Learn 3 Ways To Improve It
By Brooke Osmundson | Jun 13, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
Your ad rank determines where your ad appears in the Google Search results, relative to those of other advertisers. Brooke Osmundson covers everything you need to know about ad rank, why it matters, and how you can improve it without spending more. She also provides these tips to improve your ad rank (all without spending more money):
- Improve Your Ad Relevance
- Focus On Ad Extension Content
- Create Better Landing Pages
3 Tricks to Create Video Ad Content on a Budget
By Joe Martinez | Jun 13, 2022 | WordStream
There are plenty of affordable ways to get video creative for your YouTube ads. Joe Martinez shares a few ways you can get some videos for your next campaigns, including:
- Use screen recorders for demo-style ads
- Try video templates for commercial-style ads
- Use mobile tools for social video ads
6 SEM Best Practices Growth Marketers Need To Master
By John Lee | Jun 14, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
Search engine marketing (SEM) is the key to growth marketing in today’s world. SEM is not a short-term effort: it’s an ongoing strategy to drive more qualified customers to conversion in the long term. John Lee provides six best practices for winning at SEM in today’s market, including:
- Deliver Value Across The Decision Journey
- Align Your Campaign & Business Goals
- Expand Your Marketing Funnel
- Take Audience Targeting To The Next Level
- Lift Other Investments With Paid Search
- Fight & Win The Battle For Paid Search Budget Share
7 Habits of Highly Effective Facebook Advertisers
By Brett McHale | Jun 14, 2022 | WordStream
“…managing a Facebook ad account doesn’t have to be overly complex and there are many principles that, if you make them habit, will make life easier for you in the long run. Whether you are managing a Facebook ad account that has a long history or simply starting from scratch, these same basic rules apply,” writes Brett McHale. He walks you through some of his basic principles of managing a Facebook ad account, including:
- Organize campaigns by objective, not audience
- Keep your audiences refined
- Consolidate your conversion goals
- Make reporting easier for yourself
- Choose daily budgeting on the ad set level
- Measure with the right metrics
- Don’t over-audit
5 Amazing Landing Page Examples To Inspire Your Own
By Kayle Larkin | Jun 15, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
“The design of a good landing page is an intersection of art, marketing, and psychology,” explains Kayle Larkin. You can improve your success rate by weaving these features into your landing page design:
- Free Of Fluff
- Ready, Set, Go
- Need For Speed
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.