Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
The Art and Science of PPC Account Structures
By Sam Tomlinson | Jun 10, 2022 | Hero Conf
As part of Google’s PPC automation push, many of the controls marketers typically used to prevent wasted spend have been removed. “As a result, CPCs and CACs are spiking across the board and we’re left with the perfect recipe to waste a LOT of money,” writes Sam Tomlinson. Marketers desire to find the right account structure that balances scale with control, spending with results, and predictability with discovery. Tomlinson provides six things to keep in mind when setting up PPC campaigns, including:
- Automation is here to stay.
- The structure is about people.
- Better Data = Higher Probability of Good Outcomes.
- Exclusions are more important than inclusions.
- Be Machine Learning-friendly.
- Be brilliant at the basics.
How to use Audience manager for better insights and optimization
By Amy Hebdon | Jun 17, 2022 | Search Engine Land
“Whether it’s due to data ownership, privacy, attribution, or new campaign types, Google Ads audiences have gotten a facelift,” writes Amy Hebdon. Today, audiences are playing an increasingly important role in Google Ads campaigns. “As Google Ads changes the definitions and functionality of audiences, becoming more familiar with Audience manager will be a powerful way to learn more about your data segments and sources. Not only does Audience manager help ensure you’re reaching the right market with audiences consistently applied across your account, it can also give you insights for how to find new customers.”
TikTok Shopping 101: Everything You Need To Know
By Jason J. Zotara | Jun 17, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
It’s becoming a major trend for brands to show their personality and engage with the members of their communities through video on TikTok. Tik Tok shopping is an easy way for users to purchase the products they see on TikTok without ever having to leave the app. Jason J. Zotara explains how to setup your own TikTok Shopping experience, and offers these best practices:
- Post Authentic Content That Shows Your Sense Of Humor
- Take Advantage Of Existing Trends And Audios
- Collaborate With Influencers
- Give Users Full-screen Focus (Vertical Video)
Avoid These Top 6 Remarketing Campaign Mistakes
By Ilya Cherepakhin | Jun 20, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
Segmenting an effort into net new users and a remarketing audience will drive better results through a more granular approach. Ilya Cherepakhin recommends that you be mindful of these six considerations to avoid common pitfalls:
- Seek Scale
- Don’t Just Sell – Cross-Sell & Upsell
- Think To Exclude
- Go Long
- Synergies With Other Channels
- Extra Budget Not Required
The Skai™ 5: Five Tips to Level Up Your Apple Search Ads Strategy
By Skai™ | Jun 20, 2022 | Skai
“Mastering your Apple Search Ads strategy can often mean the difference between turning up in those all-to–critical first few results and getting bumped to no man’s land,” writes Skai™. To help you get the most out of your campaigns, they offer these recommendations:
- Understand the ways app users search
- Focus on relevancy
- Consider Discovery campaigns
- Take advantage of Custom Product Pages
- Consider Dayparting
How to Identify and Fix Poorly Performing Facebook Ads
By Anna Sonnenberg | Jun 21, 2022 | SocialMedia Examiner
Even the most successful Facebook campaigns will eventually experience ad fatigue and decreased conversions over time. Anna Sonnenberg shares some ideas to refresh your Facebook ads so you can continue to maximize results and reach your marketing goals, including:
- Change the Facebook Ads Campaign Objective
- Adjust Your Audience Targeting
- Reposition Your Offer
- Update Your Facebook Ad Creative
- Expand Facebook Ad Placements
Cross-Channel Marketing: The Art of Doing It All
By Susie Marino | Jun 22, 2022 | WordStream
“…you probably struggle to pull off the classic “juggling act” of marketing your business as much as possible. However, it doesn’t always have to feel like you’re performing tricks to market your business successful across the board,” writes Susie Marino. The answer is cross-channel marketing. She provides a cross-channel marketing guide, where she covers:
- What is cross-channel marketing?
- The difference between cross-channel and multi-channel marketing.
- How to know if cross-channel marketing is right for you.
- Benefits of cross-channel marketing.
- The right number of channels in cross-channel marketing.
- How to implement your own cross-channel marketing strategy.
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.