Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
Amazon Interactive Ad Options To Look Out For
By Tara Johnson | Jun 30, 2022 | Tinuiti
Tara Johnson explains, “Essentially, interactive advertising is a form of marketing that encourages the target audience to shift from passively viewing an ad to actively engaging with the ad or promotion. This can include everything from augmented reality (AR) to QR codes to filling out a quiz.” Amazon Ads is providing brands with more options to “transform their campaigns so that they reach audiences directly and intentionally.” Johnson dives into three emerging ad types and what this could mean for advertisers, including:
- Amazon Interactive Video Ads
- Amazon Enhanced Interactive Audio Ads
- Interactive Incentives for Twitch
How to use Google Ads Competitive Metrics
By Jason Tabeling | July 1, 2022 | Search Engine Land
Keeping an eye on how your campaigns are performing in comparison to the competition is important from time to time. You will find these metrics under “Competitive Metrics” and “Auction Insights” from the metrics and dimensions menu list in the reporting section of Google Ads. Jason Tabeling explores how the following metrics help keep you aware of what the competition is doing:
- Search Outranking Share
- Search Overlap Rate
- Position Above Rate
5 Pro Tips To Improve Your B2B LinkedIn Marketing Campaigns
By Sean Johnston | Jul 5, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
Sean Johnston shares tips to help you better harness the potential of B2B LinkedIn marketing campaigns, including:
- Make Use Of LinkedIn Campaign Groups
- Laser Target With Company Matched Audiences
- Use Company Engagement Reports To See Who Is Engaging
- Use Lead Generation Forms To Collect Data Without A Landing Page
- Maximize Your Efficiency With Different Bidding Strategies
Why you should invest in branded keywords even if your company ranks #1 on Google
By Anthony Tedesco | Jul 5, 2022 | Search Engine Land
Anthony Tedesco looks at some of the top reasons why brands should remain invested in their brand keywords, including:
- SERP authority
- Auction dynamics
- Meet the customer where they search
- Messaging autonomy
Google Ads Performance Max: 10 Dos, Don’ts, Watchouts & Workarounds
By Jyll Saskin Gales | Jul 5, 2022 | WordStream
We’re learning the intricacies and nuances of the newest Google Ads campaign type, Performance Max (PMax). After working with PMax campaigns across dozens of accounts over the last six months, here are Jyll Saskin Gales’ top 10 dos, don’ts, watchouts, and workarounds for success with PMax:
- Implement accurate, full-funnel conversion tracking.
- Create a PMax segment in Google Analytics for better reporting.
- Use URL exclusions.
- Add at least one video asset.
- Watch out for default location settings.
- Use Performance Max for conversion objectives only.
- Create an audience signal.
- Check the Insights tab for improvements in reporting transparency.
- Don’t duplicate your Merchant Center feed imagery.
- Watch out for customer acquisition rules
The Complete Guide for B2B Lead Generation Using Google Ads: Experts Share Tips, Strategies, & Best Practices
By Vimal Bharadwaj | Jul 6, 2022 | Optmyzr
“Generating high-quality leads for B2B businesses is not easy. No, my intention is not to discourage you right off the bat. But with sustained effort over a period of time, you can definitely build a solid, high-quality pipeline of leads that you can pass on to your sales team,” writes Vimal Bharadwaj. To help you learn how to generate leads for your B2B business using PPC, specifically using Google Ads, Bharadwaj covers:
- How is B2B PPC different from B2C or ecommerce PPC?
- How to deal with low lead volume in B2B PPC campaigns?
- Best Bidding Strategies for B2B Lead Generation
- How to pick the suitable keyword match types?
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.