Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
9 Google Ads Mistakes to Avoid
By Amandine Pellaton | Aug 8, 2022 | Marin One Blog
You could be making common Google Ads mistakes that cost you money and reduce your ROI. To help you squeeze the most from your marketing spend, Amandine Pellaton discusses some of the most common Google Ads mistakes to watch out for, including:
- Not Targeting Ads Correctly
- Not Using Negative Keywords
- Not Bidding On the Right Keywords
- Not Using Ad Extensions
- Not Tracking Your Results
- Not Optimizing With Conversion Testing
- Search Network & Display Network Default Campaign Targeting Options
- Not Using Location Targeting
- Ignoring Regional Trends
Meta Brings Automation To Small Business Advertising
By Matt G. Southern | Aug 10, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
Meta is introducing new AI and automation tools to help advertisers get more out of their ad spend. Small businesses can now utilize Meta’s Advantage+ advertising technologies. “Advantage+, Meta’s most advanced AI and automation offering for advertisers, was exclusive to full-fledged campaigns. Now, it will be used when running single ads. In addition, Meta is upgrading Advantage+ with new capabilities for shopping campaigns, app campaigns, and more,” writes Matt G. Southern. He provides an overview of the following:
- Meta Advantage+ For Small Business Ads
- Advantage+ Shopping Campaigns
- Updates To Meta Advantage+ App Campaigns
Navigating Change in PPC: 6 Keys to Help PPC Marketers Adapt to Change
By Sarah Stemen | Aug 11, 2022 | Optmyzr
“Over the past 5 to 6 years we have all experienced the impact of change within the PPC community. While many of the changes have made tasks faster, advances in automation and machine learning have forced paid search professionals to navigate platform changes without control,” writes Sarah Stemen. To help you navigate changes in automation, Stemen covers these key areas:
- Understanding how automation operates is key.
- Audience targeting has evolved over the years.
- The keyword has evolved too.
- Google support’s quality has degraded.
- The PPC community has become more collaborative.
- There’s more access to learning resources now.
6 Google Ads Updates Happening Now (+What You Need to Do)
By Susie Marino | Aug 12, 2022 | WordStream
Susie Marino covers the top six Google Ads updates you need to know about for the second half of 2022— what they mean, the benefits or drawbacks, and what action you may need to take, including:
- The global site tag is now the Google tag.
- Google is switching eligible accounts over to data-driven attribution modeling.
- Third-party cookie deprecation delayed to 2024.
- AI-generated voice-overs for YouTube ads.
- Smart Shopping campaigns upgrading to Performance Max.
- Diagnostic insights tool for Performance Max.
5 Ways to Improve YouTube Ads Audience Targeting
By Anna Sonnenberg | Aug 17, 2022 | SocialMedia Examiner
“To run successful YouTube ad campaigns, you have to fine-tune your audience targeting. With the right data segments and targeting signals, you can reach the ideal audience for your YouTube ads and achieve your marketing goals much more efficiently,” writes Anna Sonnenberg. To learn how to improve YouTube audience targeting by using a variety of first-party and native data in Google Ads Audience Manager, Sonnenberg covers:
- How to Use Demographic Audience Targeting for YouTube Ads
- How to Use Interest Audience Targeting for YouTube Ads
- How to Use Past Interactions to Target Your Audience With YouTube Ads
- How to Use Customer Match to Target Your Audience With YouTube Ads
- How to Use Similar Segments to Target Your Audience with YouTube Ads
What Is Remarketing: 8 Types Of Remarketing To Consider
By Tim Jensen | Aug 17, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
Paid media marketers across a broad range of industries can benefit from remarketing, when used correctly. Tim Jensen shares a few ideas for new segmentation and different types of audiences you may not have tested, including:
- Pricing Page Visitors
- Industry-Specific Page Visitors
- Cross-Channel Remarketing
- Cart Abandoners
- Previous Purchasers
- Higher Funnel Converters
- Video Viewers
- Page Engagers
Lead Scoring: Definition and How to Calculate a Lead Score
By Gloria Chow | Aug 17, 2022 | Hero Conf
It’s all about quality over quantity. According to Gloria Chow, lead scoring “involves gauging your prospects’ quality to determine which leads are worth pursuing and which ones are not.” Chow covers what lead scoring is, what the benefits are, and how to lead score manually.
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.