Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
Balancing between paid and organic search for brand success
By Nick Swan | Sep 15, 2022 | Search Engine Watch
Finding the right balance between organic marketing and PPC advertising is crucial for brand success. Nick Swan breaks down six ways to find the perfect balance between organic marketing and PPC advertising so that any business owner can build awareness for their brand the right way, including:
- Fully optimize your website first
- Rely on PPC whilst waiting for organic SEO improvement
- Experiment with brand-related keywords
- Focus on both short-tail and long-tail keywords
- Don’t just rely on Google
- Use PPC advertising for mobile, organic marketing for desktop
How To Launch Your First Google Ads Remarketing Campaign
By Brooke Osmundson | Sep 16, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
“Remarketing is an essential part of any Google Ads strategy. It’s no longer a question of if you should run remarketing campaigns; it’s how you should run remarketing campaigns,” writes Brooke Osmundson. She covers not only the basics of setting up a remarketing campaign but also advanced tips and tricks to get the most out of your marketing dollars, including:
- Ensure Proper Tagging Is In Place
- Create Intentional Remarketing Lists
- Determine Proper Assets
- Create A Remarketing Campaign
- Analyze, Refine & Optimize
How PPC Marketers Can Make the Most of Google Analytics 4
By Vimal Bharadwaj | Sep 16, 2022 | Optmyzr
Google is moving away from the current version of Google Analytics, also called Universal Analytics (UA or GA3) to an upgraded version called Google Analytics 4 (GA4). This article is specifically for PPC marketers relying on GA as a platform for measurement and performance. Vimal Bharadwaj covers:
- Why does Google want you to migrate to Google Analytics 4?
- How is Google Analytics 4 better than Universal Analytics for PPC marketers?
- What should PPC marketers do to prepare for Google Analytics 4 migration?
- Does Google Analytics 4 connect with the popular ecommerce platforms?
- Making the shift
How to Easily Scale Instagram Ads
By Anna Sonnenberg | Sep 19, 2022 | SocialMedia Examiner
“Scaling Instagram campaigns is a great way to get more value from your best ads while delivering high-performing offers to more of your target audience… you can test and scale Instagram ads effectively while keeping them optimized, even during long-running campaigns,” writes Anna Sonnenberg. Sonnenberg discusses how the Learning Phase impacts scaling Instagram Ads, and also covers:
- Test Instagram Ads Prior to Scaling
- 3 Ways to Scale Instagram Ads
- How to Analyze Results as You Scale Your Instagram Ads
Google Performance Max Guide: Tips to Optimize Your Ads
By Shannon Mullery | Sep 19, 2022 | Tinuiti
“Google Performance Max campaigns are goal-based, automated campaigns that enable advertisers to promote across all Google networks from the same campaign,” writes Shannon Mullery. Mullery dives into what Google Performance Max campaigns are, how they differ from other campaign types, benefits, best practices, reporting functionality, and ad optimization tips, including:
- What is Google Performance Max?
- Highlights of Performance Max
- Best Practices when Setting Up a Performance Max Campaign
- Expert Tips to Optimize Google Performance Max Ad Campaigns
- Performance Max Takeaways, Considerations and Recommendations
4 Important Changes to Google Ads Extensions: What You Need to Know
By Kristen McCormick | Sep 20, 2022 | WordStream
Google announced some changes to ad extensions, some of which may be a little confusing to beginner advertisers. Extensions in Google Ads have been rebranded as “assets.” Kristen McCormick clears any confusion by diving into the new changes, including:
- Ad extensions are now called assets.
- [Legacy] extensions easier to create and preview.
- Combinations report to show [legacy] extension performance.
- New assets report to show individual asset performance.
12 Ways to Improve Your Click-Through Rate in Google Ads
By Kristen McCormick | Sep 20, 2022 | WordStream
Kristen McCormick shows you when and why you should strive for an above-average click-through rate (CTR) in Google Ads. McCormick covers what CTR is, why a high CTR matters, and what a good CTR in Google Ads is. Additionally, she provides these 12 tips for improving your CTR:
- Target the right keywords
- Use negative keywords
- Narrow your audience targeting
- Keep it simple and skimmable
- Actually have a CTA
- Put a special offer in your headline
- Put your main keyword in your display path
- Create emotional ads
- Use dynamic keyword insertion, but don’t overuse it
- Use, but don’t rely on ad extensions
- Test more ads
- Pause the bottom third of your account
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.