Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
Google Ads Quality Score: What is it and why it still deserves your attention in 2022
By Ashwin Balakrishnan | Oct 25, 2022 | Optmyzr
Quality Score is an estimate of the quality of your ads, keywords, and landing pages, with higher quality ads leading to lower prices and better ad positions. “Advertisers tend to depend largely on bidding strategies to gain a winning position in the ad auction, but overlooking Quality Score can actually harm your position. That’s because the things that improve your QS also make your ad more appealing to search users,” writes Ashwin Balakrishnan. To help you understand Quality Score better, Balakrishnan covers:
- What Is Quality Score?
- Factors that contribute to Quality Score
- Why is Quality Score still worth your time?
- How do I get a high Quality Score in Google Ads?
- Never stop optimizing your ads
Google Ads Performance Max New Features & Best Practices
By Matt G. Southern | Oct 27, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
New features are being added to Performance Max campaigns and best practices are being shared to help marketing professionals promote holiday sales more effectively. Matt G. Southern details updates for the following:
New Features For Google Ads Performance Max Campaigns
- Compatibility With Performance Planner
- Asset Group Scheduling
- More Headlines
- Explanations For Online Sales Campaigns
- First-Party Audience Insights
Google Ads Performance Max Holiday Best Practices
- Adjust campaign budgets and ROAS or CPA targets leading up to peak holiday periods. This will help maximize visibility when customers are actively shopping.
- Consider using seasonality adjustments when running a sale that will drastically change conversion rates for longer than seven days.
- To promote sales of specific products, create separate campaigns with their own targets and budgets.
How to make the most of Performance Max this holiday shopping season
By Menachem Ani | Oct 28, 2022 | Search Engine Land
Don’t get left behind on your holiday Performance Max strategy. Menachem Ani discusses ways to make the shift to automation this holiday season, including:
- Audience signals
- Asset groups
- Ad extensions
- Bids and budget
- Smart Shopping style
- Paid social style
Microsoft Launches Import Tool For Google Ads Performance Max
By Matt G. Southern | Oct 31, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
With Microsoft Advertising’s Google Import tool, advertisers can duplicate their Google Ads Performance Max campaigns. “Microsoft is launching the import capability for Performance Max campaigns that use a Merchant Center. Microsoft will import the campaigns as Smart Shopping Campaigns and Local Inventory Ads,” writes Matt G. Southern. Southern details updates for the following:
- Microsoft Advertising Performance Max Import Mapping
- Microsoft Advertising Performance Max Import Checklist
The 5 Facebook Bidding Strategies Explained: Pros, Cons & How to Choose
By Brett McHale | Oct 31, 2022 | WordStream
Brett McHale sheds some light on bidding on Facebook and what is necessary to compete properly. McHale covers:
- Facebook bidding and the ad auction
- How important is your Facebook bidding strategy?
- The five bidding strategies in Facebook ads
- Which bidding strategy is best?
5 things your Google Looker Studio PPC Dashboard must have
By Amy Hebdon | Nov 1, 2022 | Search Engine Land
You’re not alone if you’ve ever gotten blank-page syndrome in Google Looker Studio. Even though there are templates to choose from, it’s still hard to get all the right parts you need. Amy Hebdon shares tried-and-true elements to include in PPC dashboards and reports that will banish blank-page syndrome and give your stakeholders the insights they crave, including:
- Titles, subheads and context
- KPI scorecards
- Goal pacing
- Trends and historical comparisons
- Categorical tables
Microsoft credit card ads are now available globally, plus 11 other new product updates
By Nicole Farley | Nov 1, 2022 | Search Engine Land
As part of its recent product announcements, Microsoft has also announced the global adoption of credit card ads. Nicole Farley dives into the details for the following:
- Credit card ads
- Performance Max import
- No-code conversion setup wizard beta
- New UET tag dashboard
- RSA recommendations through the API
- PrestaShop partnership
- Aggregator partner options
- Audience Ads management in Microsoft Editor
- In-market audience targeting for soccer fans
- Customer Match availability
- Similar Audiences available in more markets
- Audience Network CPM pricing
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.