Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
These 14 Digital Marketing Trends Will Have the Biggest Influence in 2023
By Lisa Smith | Jan 20, 2023 | WordStream
Lisa Smith covers the top digital marketing trends and predictions for 2023, including:
- Some social platforms will imitate or partner with TikTok
- Others will distinguish themselves
- The advantages of AI content will abound
- But human copywriters need not panic
- A greater emphasis on equity & intersectionality in the DEI realm
- The use of metrics and KPIs for greater DEI accountability
- More positive attitudes toward automation
- Greater efficiency (but caution) in Google Ads
- Catering to Gen Z’s affinity for authenticity, transparency & accessibility
- Immersive experiences on social
- Increase of transparency in data practices
- Greater adoption of privacy-friendly tracking technology
- The need for automation technology remains
- Building of Supply chain prevention and contingency plans
How to Write Persuasive Facebook Ads That Convert
By Anna Sonnenberg | Jan 23, 2023 | Social Media Examiner
Advertising copy that converts well is persuasive. Reworking your brand’s copy and writing Facebook ads that convert can help you grow your business. Anna Sonnenberg shares these tips for writing Facebook ads that move people to action:
- Start With an Irresistible Hook
- Reiterate Messaging in the Ad Creative
- Let Facebook Personalize and Optimize Your Facebook Ads
10 Ways to Optimize Your Performance Max Campaigns for Real Results
By Jacques van der Wilt | Jan 23, 2023 | WordStream
“Performance Max campaigns unlock new opportunities for advertisers and businesses that have perhaps previously been missed, from cross-channel promotion and getting your ads onto new channels, to finding new customers and benefitting from Google’s automation and machine learning technology,” writes Jacques van der Wilt. To help you understand how to optimize your Performance Max campaigns in Google Ads, van der Wilt recommends:
- Commit to your campaigns
- Add as many assets as you can
- Know the watchouts & workarounds
- Use the customer acquisition feature
- Optimize your asset groups
- Use campaign exclusions
- Choose the right bidding strategy
- Use ad extensions
- Ensure your data feed is up to scratch
- Optimize your audience signals
Microsoft is improving its ad platform. Here’s why brands should give it a shot in 2023
By Nicole Farley | Jan 24, 2023 | Search Engine Land
Those who want better results without breaking the bank should pay attention to Microsoft. A Microsoft Ads campaign can be just as effective as a Google Ads campaign at a fraction of the cost if the right targeting and optimization strategies are put in place. Nicole Farley covers:
- Why is having competition for Google search a good thing? Why should search marketers root for competitors like Microsoft Ads?
- How has Microsoft improved their Ads dashboard, features, and product offerings?
- When will Microsoft Ads get respect?
- What should Microsoft do to compete more aggressively in the ad space?
- Why should advertisers and brands try Microsoft ads?
- Why are brands unsure about running Microsoft Ads?
- The advantage of using Microsoft ads over Google Ads
- So are Microsoft ads better for B2B?
- How about the Audience Network?
Preparing for smart targeting in the wake of Apple’s ATT framework
By Adrienne Rice | Jan 25, 2023 | ClickZ
Marketers must create a new toolkit that delivers meaningful ads to users while respecting their privacy preferences in light of Apple’s ATT privacy framework and Google’s Sandbox. Even with Apple’s App Tracking Transparency (ATT) framework, effective targeting can still be done. Third-party tracking is history with the impending Google Sandbox debut. In this new era of advertising, those who master media mix modeling will succeed.
In-game ads: why brands should be excited
By Nicole Farley | Jan 25, 2023 | Search Engine Land
“Video games and ads have come a long way in the last few decades. Search marketers and celebrities alike are embracing the gaming industry as a huge market to reach their target audience,” writes Nicole Farley. To help you understand why video games are a huge opportunity for advertisers in 2023, Farley covers:
- What are video game ads?
- Who should consider creating an in-game ad campaign
- The best type of video game ads for most brands
- The benefits of mobile game advertising for brands
- Creating in-game ads
- Measuring success with an in-game ad strategy
8 States vs. Google: A Closer Look At The DOJ’s Antitrust Lawsuit
By Brooke Osmundson | Jan 25, 2023 | Search Engine Journal
An antitrust lawsuit was officially filed against Google on January 24 by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). The DOJ alleges that Google monopolizes the digital advertising ecosystem. Google denies accusations that it unfairly favors its own advertising products. This lawsuit could impact the broader advertising industry if Google is found guilty.
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.