Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
Facebook pulls back on Campaign Budget Optimization mandate
By Ginny Marvin | Apr 21, 2020
To provide advertisers with flexibility and choice in their buying strategies, Facebook will no longer be requiring Campaign Budget Optimization. Advertisers will have the choice to either have budgets managed at the campaign or ad set level. This comes after push back from advertisers who found their campaigns performed better when they had control.
11 Free Ways to Reach Your Audience Online During COVID-19
By Kristen McCormick | Apr 22, 2020
The economic crisis from COVID-19 is hitting small businesses hard. The good news is that more people than ever are spending time online. Kristen McCormick shares some ways to connect online that don’t cost money, including:
1. Update your Google My Business profile
2. Create Google posts
3. Write relevant blog posts
4. Hop on Facebook Live
5. Do a lucky draw giveaway
6. Check in with your community
7. Use COVID-19 hashtags
8. Write COVID-friendly captions
9. Repurpose reviews
10. Take up #supportsmallbusiness offers
11. Support other local businesses during COVID-19
Effective mobile advertising strategies for 2020
By Catherrine Garcia | Apr 22, 2020
The pandemic has caused a radical shift in consumer behavior, especially on mobile usage. Now that more people are indoors, mobile use has dropped. Advertisers need to understand the core fundamentals of mobile advertising to effectively pivot their strategies for rapid changes. Catherrine Garcia recommends understanding these core mobile advertising elements:
- “It is important to identify the right target audience that would be interested in mobile ads. Make sure that your Ads are relevant to the device users that they are being shown to.
- It is important to ensure that your ad is just not for the promotion of your offering but it should genuinely aim to solve the target audience’s problems.
- Keep your ads lightweight so that they can easily load on the mobile devices of your users.
- Employ video content in your ads because they have a higher engagement percentage.
- Capturing the emotions of your audience with your ads is a great strategy if rightly implemented.”
PPC Audiences: What Are They and How Does Google Determine Them?
By Connor Regan | Apr 22, 2020
The Google algorithms for determining audiences is a bit of a black box mystery. Connor Regan shares his insights from experience as to how he believes Google puts those audiences together. He explores the different types of audiences, where to find them, and what makes them different from each other. He also shares what signals he thinks Google’s machine learning is using to determine audiences.
5 Signs of Facebook Ads Issues and How to Fix Them
By Maria Raybould | Apr 23, 2020
Most businesses know that the advertising potential on Facebook is large with the ability to reach a lot of consumers. The problem is that many of them don’t see great performance in their ads and don’t know where to start to optimize them. Maria Raybould looks at 5 common Facebook Ads issues and discusses how to fix them, including:
1. Your Ad Hasn’t Had Any Results for the Past Three Days
2. Fewer Than 1,000 People Saw the Ad the Day Before
3. Cost Per Result Increased Over the Past Seven Days
4. People See the Same Ad Too Often
5. You Spent Less Than 70% of Your Daily Budget
Introducing multi-account Google Imports
By Sachin Tayade | Apr 23, 2020
As Microsoft Advertising continues to improve multi-account management and Google Import, they have introduced the multi-account Google Imports feature. Sachin Tayade provides detailed instructions for using this feature in your account.
9 Ways to Make Your Sales Funnel Convert Better
By Erika Varagouli | Apr 23, 2020
“By optimizing your sales funnel, you can drive revenue growth by pushing a higher percentage of prospects through each stage, thus making your marketing efforts do more and work harder,” writes Erika Varagouli. She recommends these nine ways to optimize your sales funnel:
1. Know Your Audience
2. Create Informative Educational Content That Answers Questions
3. Capture Your Prospect’s Email Address
4. Use Engaging Media To Stand Out
5. Reviews, Testimonials & Customer Stories
6. Create Convincing Supporting Content
7. Use Strong CTAs
8. Reduce Friction on Checkouts & Forms
9. Be On-Hand To Help Out
Audience Management: How to Prepare for the Uncertain “Cookie-less” World
By Katie Li | Apr 24, 2020
Layered in a current world of uncertainties, marketers are also facing an uncertain shift to a “cookie-less” environment. Katie Li suggests that during this downtime, marketers prepare for how a cookie-less world in marketing will function. Gather facts around DMP and third-party versus first-party data, and how to evolve DMP moving forward. Learn how to leverage new technology like the Customer Data Platform (CDP) and invest in your people to build the skillsets needed to use these new tools.
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.