Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
Last Call: 5 Tips To Capture Last Minute Ecommerce Sales
By Navah Hopkins | May 20, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
With last-minute campaigns, you can plant seeds throughout the holiday season and year-round to encourage shoppers to convert. To make the most of last-minute buying behavior, you need to ensure a solid digital presence and operational infrastructure. Navah Hopkins recommends that you consider these five strategies:
- Countdown To Shipped In Time
- Mobile-Friendly One-Stop Shopping
- Coupling Product Recommendations With Gift Cards
- Charity Add-Ons
- Gamifying Upsells And Lead Capture
Five Crucial Aspects of the Most Popular PPC Ad Platforms
By Victor Blasco | May 23, 2022 | Hero Conf
Navigating your way around all the major PPC platforms can be pretty confusing. To help you find the best tool for the job, Victor Blasco has broken down five critical aspects of the most popular PPC platforms around to make sure you find one (or more) with the features you need to help your online marketing strategy grow. He highlights reach, ad formats, ad placements, pricing, pros, and cons for the following platforms:
- Google Ads
- Microsoft Advertising
- YouTube Advertising
- Facebook Ads
- Instagram Ads
- Twitter Ads
LinkedIn Data Reveals What Type of InMail Gets Best Results
By Brian Frederick | May 24, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
A LinkedIn study analyzing tens of millions of InMails aims to discover which types of messages get the best results. The study found the types of messages that were most likely to receive a response include:
- Shorter Messages Outperform Long Ones
- InMails Sent Friday and Saturday Get Lowest Response Rate
- Personalized Messages Get More Responses
- “Recommended Candidates” & “Open to New Positions” Most Likely To Respond
16 Announcements From Google Marketing Live 2022
By Matt G. Southern | May 24, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
Google Marketing Live kicked off today by announcing 16 changes and additions to Google Ads. These were the major announcements from Google Marketing Live:
- Video action & App campaigns coming to YouTube Shorts
- Product feeds coming to YouTube Shorts
- Video ads coming to Discover
- Connected TV campaigns coming to Display & Video 360
- A/B testing coming Performance Max
- Expanded campaign management support in Search Ads 360 and the Google Ads mobile app
- Ability to optimize campaigns for in-store sales
- New performance data such as attribution, audience and auction insights
- Optimization score coming to all campaign types
- New Insights reports
- Automatically created assets coming to responsive search ads
- Mobile-first layouts coming to responsive display ads
- New account-level asset library
- Search and Conversion Lift tests
- Global site tag will become the Google tag
- My Ad Center will allow users to control the ads they see
The Ultimate Guide to Paid Marketing for B2B
By Khyati Hooda | May 25, 2022 | Hero Conf
“The buyer journey for a B2B company is often long. It can take a little bit to see a return on your paid campaigns, but you’ll likely cover any lost revenue quickly once you do B2B marketing,” writes Khyati Hooda. Paid B2B marketing strategies have an essential role in this process. Hooda offers some tips on implementing them when used by enterprise B2B companies, including:
- Use Display Advertising to Boost Brand Awareness
- Use Google Text Ads to Target Transactional Keywords
- Use Organic Keyword Research
- Engage in Re-Marketing
- Include Video Marketing in Your Strategy
- Concentrate on the overall ROI
- Adopt a Customer-Centric Strategy
What Are TikTok Collection Ads?
By Tara Johnson | May 25, 2022 | Tinuiti
“Collection Ads is an ad format on TikTok’s platform that enables users to find, discover, and browse products on their mobile devices in full-screen mode. When Collection Ads are published, you create an ad that will lead to an Instant Gallery Page. This page lets users explore a curated, inspiring collection of your products. Functioning differently than other ads and providing users with a quicker, more engaging ad experience motivates consumers to act. It encourages them to dig deeper and discover even more,” explains Tara Johnson. To help you understand this ad format more in-depth, Johnson covers:
- What are TikTok Collection Ads?
- What are the Benefits of TikTok Collection Ads?
- How do TikTok Collection Ads Work?
- What are TikTok Collection Ads Specs?
- How Much Do TikTok Collection Ads Cost?
- Best Examples of TikTok Collection Ads
7 Ways to Use Facebook Carousel Posts
By Anna Sonnenberg | May 25, 2022 | SocialMedia Examiner
“From interactive storytelling to engaging promotions, Facebook carousels offer valuable opportunities to connect with your audience throughout the customer journey. Although paid carousels are much more common than organic carousels, both types of Facebook content can drive traffic, generate conversions, and help you reach key marketing goals,” writes Anna Sonnenberg. Here are seven ideas for Facebook carousel posts:
- Tell a Story
- Give Prospects a Reason to Trust You
- Share Reviews or Social Proof
- Introduce Your Product Lineup
- Discuss Your Product’s Features or Benefits
- Detail Steps or Show How to Do Something
- Incentivize Customers to Purchase
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.