Welcome to Cultivative’s weekly roundup for all things PPC from around the web—everything you need to know right now about PPC!
At Cultivative, we’re all about making your life easier. We’ve gathered the top PPC news and innovations from around the web and getting it into your hands. Check out what we found this past week.
Facebook introduces Collaborative Ads for local delivery
By Nicole Farley | Sep 21, 2022 | Search Engine Land
“Facebook is rolling out Collaborative Ads for local delivery to help restaurants and grocery stores give people more ways to shop and order. The ads allow local businesses and packaged goods brands to display their products next to options for people to purchase,” writes Nicole Farley. Meta provides a few helpful tips to make the most of your Collaborative ads for local delivery:
- Use the Catalog Sales objective for lower-funnel activities such as retargeting and high-intent targeting.
- Use the Conversion objectives for prospecting activities such as targeting first-party audiences and general demographics that are important to your business.
- Consistently test, learn, and monitor your campaign performance to see how your ads perform and make changes that align with your goals.
- Negotiate access to Premium Options based on your business needs for Collaborative Ads with your retail partner. Premium Options by Collaborative Ads include extended audience retargeting, basket insights and retailer-customized audiences.
4 dos and don’ts of a digital marketing apprenticeship
By Navah Hopkins | Sep 22, 2022 | Search Engine Land
“Apprenticeships need to be structured in a way that honors the experience the new digital marketer has from other professional and life experiences, while still ensuring they get the foundations right,” writes Navah Hopkins. Hopkins shares the dos and don’ts of structuring a digital marketing apprenticeship to ensure you and your apprentice get the most out of working together, including:
- Do compensate your apprentice for their time
- Don’t set unrealistic timelines for your apprentice
- Do allow for two-way candid feedback on progress
- Don’t accept anyone as an apprentice
The Big, Easy Cheat Sheet to Google Ads Audience Targeting
By Jyll Saskin Gales | Sep 25, 2022 | WordStream
“Audiences are one of the most powerful and underutilized targeting strategies in Google Ads, and you can target audiences in Search, Display, Discovery, Video, and Shopping campaigns,” writes Jyll Saskin Gales. Gales covers all of the Google Ads audience targeting options you have so you can determine which is right for your next campaign, including:
- Google’s audience segments
- Your data segments
- Custom segments
- Other segments
A Marketer’s Guide To TikTok Analytics
By Jason J. Zotara | Sep 26, 2022 | Search Engine Journal
Jason J. Zotara discusses navigating TikTok Analytics and discovering how to interpret the data to help grow your audience. Discover what you’re looking for on TikTok’s analytics platform, how to interpret the data you find, and how to use that data to grow your brand’s presence. Zotara covers:
- Accessing Your TikTok Analytics
- Reviewing TikTok Analytics Data
- Monitoring TikTok Hashtags
- Using TikTok Analytics To Grow Your Channel
How to Optimize Your Facebook Ads: 10 Tips & Tricks from the Pros
By Kristen McCormick | Sep 26, 2022 | WordStream
“Facebook ads are still strong, and Facebook advertisers are a plenty—which means you need to know how to optimize your Facebook ads so you can stand out and get the most out of your budget,” writes Kristen McCormick. McCormick provides a roundup of 10 Facebook ad optimizations from PPC influencers and pros, including:
- Perfect your account structure
- Set up the Pixel with Google Tag manager
- Consolidate your conversions
- Target on-platform engagement
- Use the fast takeoff method
- Target parallel interests
- Target influencers’ audiences
- Use in-market segments from search
- Scale optimization with automated rules
- Have a full-funnel strategy
6 Ways to Research Your Target Audience on Instagram
By Anna Sonnenberg | Sep 26, 2022 | SocialMedia Examiner
“If your target audience uses Instagram regularly, this channel may have tons of valuable data that can inform your market research,” writes Anna Sonnenberg. Sonnenberg shares tips for gathering information on your audience, industry, and competitors and finding new business growth opportunities, including:
- Check Instagram Audience Insights
- Evaluate Instagram Content Analytics
- Review Instagram Comments and DMs
- Analyze Tags and Brand Mentions
- Search for Relevant Hashtags
- Ask Your Instagram Followers
How to Scale LinkedIn Ads
By Anna Sonnenberg | Sep 27, 2022 | SocialMedia Examiner
“LinkedIn ads require a lot of testing and monitoring before you can expect to get your desired results at the cost you want. But once you find what works for your business and audience, you can scale up your campaigns to get more leads and conversions while delivering your ads to more of your target audience,” writes Anna Sonnenberg. To help you scale your LinkedIn Ads, Sonnenberg covers:
- How to Test LinkedIn Ads Effectively
- How to Plan for the LinkedIn Ads Learning Phase
- How to Optimize Ads and Scale LinkedIn Ad Campaigns
We hope you learned something new you can apply to your PPC business strategy. Let us know in the comments below what you want to start implementing. As always, we are happy to be a resource for your paid advertising needs. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Get your weekly dose of PPC industry news delivered right to your inbox! Subscribe to our newsletter HERE.